Looking for best possible pre-built for budget

Associate
Hi

My first ever pre-built PC came from overclockers, unfortunately over many years of use it is time to completely upgrade to new components.

My previous build was Ryzen 7 2700x, 16 GB RAM, RX Vega 64. X470 motherboard.

roughly this was around £1600.

I'm looking at getting a new pre-built (or does overclockers offer a building service if I choose different parts?)

The budget is around £1600 again.

I use the PC for gaming (hopefully the machine can run Starfield and new AAA games)

My monitor is a 49" ultrawide.

Any help would be amazing

What power supply is in that system, and what is the exact model of your motherboard?

You could honestly just upgrade the CPU/RAM/GPU and get better performance for your money.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,387.97 (includes delivery: £7.99)​

Assuming your board supports the 5800X3D, I suspect that it does though being an X470.

Maybe toss in a nice NvME drive given they're so cheap with what's left of your budget.

Also make sure that GPU will fit in your case if you go the above route.

Last edited:
The PSU on the previous build was 600w.

I like the idea of replacing parts on the old PC but would really like a pre-built, is there anything on OC at the moment that would replicate the above spec?

The PSU on the previous build was 600w.

I like the idea of replacing parts on the old PC but would really like a pre-built, is there anything on OC at the moment that would replicate the above spec?

OCUK offer an upgrade service for their pre-builds, where they do the upgrade for free (while in warranty, see here), so it might be worth giving them a call. You'll struggle to get the same value for money from a whole PC.

AMD/Radeon

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,460.88 (includes delivery: £11.98)​

Intel/Nvidia

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,521.83 (includes delivery: £11.98)​

The pc you have now still has decent upgrades. Yes I know am4 socket is now dead. But a 5000 series would be decent (esp the 5800x3d) psu and gpu upgrade (check gpu fits case!) And a nvme drive and you are set for another couple of years

Back
Top Bottom