Looking for gaming laptop recommendations

Associate
Hi,

I am looking for a high spec gaming laptop, I am mainly looking for something sleak that is quiet and cool.

Minimum graphics card would be a 1070. I am flexible with the budget if the right laptop is available at a reasonable price. Want it before xmas but not sure if there will be any offers.

Associate
AORUS X5 or X7.

I have an X5 - spec and review in my sig. stunning but of kit. Loads of performance, reasonably quiet (slim, performance and quiet, you can only really choose two of those).

No matter what avoid MSI until legal action against them is completed for mis-selling gaming laptop - more info in my sig.

AORUS really are the bomb at present. Check them out onsite.

Associate
OP
The more I look the more I am tempted by https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-7820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-02x-au.html

Lol just need to justify the price or wait and hope it goes on sale. I really want something I could feasibly replace my ageing gaming rig, my desktop is still a powerhouse as I upgraded the graphics card to a 1080 recently but I would appreciate the mobility and the small form factor more as my desktop is HUGE.

Associate
OP
I looked at that laptop and even though its great, the battery life looks atrocious from reviews. I need the laptop to be at least somewhat portable. I am kind of leaning for the Gigabyte Aero 15x at the moment or maybe something with a 1080 that has good battery life.

Associate
I am always dubious about sli solutions especially on a laptop. I worry about heat/noise being in such a small fork factor, will need to read some reviews.

reminds me of that quote by someone, you wouldn't buy a performance car and expect it not to make noise :p

also usually lower temps = better laptop life, higher FPS etc.

but ya good choice in brand :)

Back
Top Bottom