Looking for Printer recommendations

Soldato
With both kids now at secondary school I'm in need of a printer for their homework.

Is there anything that comes recommended?
Don't really want to spend more than £100 and something with cheaper ink catridges would be ideal!

Thanks all, I've just been looking at the Brother HL-L2400DWE on Amazon, I'm guessing toner subscriptions is just a thing now?

Still undecided on which printer to go for. Ideally I will need colour for the kids homework so thinking about the Epson EcoTank ET-2860, only problem is it will clog up if unused for a while!

Yes it will if left long enough
Eco tank still has cartridges
Just they are inside behind/after the ink tanks
Print off a page every now and then that uses
All of the colours and will be fine
I go weeks or even longer without printing stuff
Brilliant, thank you mate. Think I will just order the ET-2860 then.

Last edited:
Don't do it. I had Lexmark inkjet and never again. Those weeks will turn into months and then when you want to use it and print something quickly it'll be clogged up and you'll spend time trying to unclog it or getting new cartridges because the quality will be so bad with blocked nozzles you get stripes/banding.

Go laser and be done with it. Brother 8690cdw have a £100 cashback offer on at printerland. Other option is Brother 3760 which is smaller.
That's a lot of money for essentially a kids homework printer, fingers crossed the Epson works out for us.

Back
Top Bottom