Looking To Convert My PC for GAMES! (Advice Needed)

Associate
Hi Guys,

First post here and whilst I've got some knowledge of computer builds, it is basic to be honest.

I've got a Dell Precision T3500 which, with a few modifications in the past, has currently been setup for Mid-range 3D programs.

Currently running;
Processor: Intel Xeon 5600 (dual quad core @ 3.20GHz)
Graphics card: Nvidia Quadro K2000
RAM: 15GB

The PC datasheet from Dell states is has support for 2 PCI Express x16 Gen 2 graphics cards up to 150W.

(Datasheet link)
http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/precn/en/dell_precision_t3500_specsheet.pdf

It runs strategy games fine, however what card (if any/at all possible) would you guys suggest to optimise first person games that are more graphically demanding like Skyrim, PUBG, Sea of Thieves?

Cheers!

-If you need more info just comment below, I wasn't going to bombard unless its worthwhile-

not sure of budget but

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £168.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

1080p 30fps at medium settings

13055748717s.jpg

Ideally gtx 1060 but they are now very very expensive

Would the GTX 1060 be compatible however?
I think it should but I'd rather get confirmation from guys who know a little more about it than me!

(Rather be safe before splashing the cash so to speak)

PUBG would benefit from the faster 1060. I'd just swap out the power supply to be sure. The 1060 is borderline 150W, I think.

There are new Nvidia cards out in March/April. No word of a 2060 just talk of a 2070 and 2080, but it could positively affect prices (or not lol) which are sky-high just now. Bad time to buy currently.

Back
Top Bottom