Looking to get a camera

Soldato
Hi all

I'm looking to buy myself a camera, I had one a few years back but didn't hold onto it, all I remember was it was a Canon EOS (D)... I will take it to Motorsports, the Bristol Balloon Fiesta and then the usual family holiday shots etc.

My budget is upto £200 in the used market, not looking to over spend as of yet, I'll upgrade when I have more money available

Any help or recommendations are appreciated

Thank you

Soldato
£200 used doesn’t get you a lot, maybe look at a Canon 5D mk2, they seem very cheap these days, you might even stretch to a mk3 but it’ll have a super high shutter count. Does this include a lens or £200 on just a body?

Soldato
Do you need a lens as well?

Motorsports, the Balloon Fiesta and family holiday shots could mean in focal length terms you'll need anything from about 24mm right through to 400mm and possibly more.
So for £200 you maybe want to be more specific about what your priorities are as if you need a camera and lens then that will greatly change any recommendation.

Caporegime
Motorsports require telephoto lenses, not the kind of lenses you use for family, unless you mean families from a few doors down. Or you like to take photos of their nostrils when inside.

There is no getting around it that you will need 2 lenses because of your requirements.

Your budget simply does not allow for all these unless you are looking at charity shop for a 35mm film camera and some old manual lenses. Probably can squeeze in a cheap film camera for £50, a 50/1.8 for £50 and a 135mm for £100.

Then about £40 to buy and develop each roll of film…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom