Looking to get into high end VR

Associate
Hi I'm new to VR and have used it only at VR immersive experiences. I'm looking to get into it for flight sims and other games with my listed PC and want a high end experience. I've used older models (not sure which) and was very underwhelmed by the graphical fidelity (shimmering, aliasing, low res, jaggies etc). What are the best high end options under £2K? I don't want to spend that much but can if needed. PC is 7800X 3D, 4090 etc as in signature. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Associate
Currently your options are :
Somnium VR1 - which is new and not shipped yet, I think the bottom tier model is within your price range.
Pimax Crystal Lite - which is new, but back ordered and not available straight away
Bigscreen Beyond - which is released but is back ordered 8 week wait time, and you'll need to source Index Base Stations and controllers.
Varjo Aero - which is End of Life and only available used. and you'll need to source Index base stations and controllers.
All these are around 2500x2500 to 2880 x 2880 per eye resolution, so much sharper image over the regular Quest, Pico, Reverb etc headsets.
You'll find that even with a 4090 you'll be GPU limited at full resolution in a lot of games.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pimax-crystal-super QLED would be my advice, it should be available by the end of the year.

Go for the Crystal-lite if you want to balance HQ with budget, get the one with local dimming & DMAS headphones though.

The Somnium will exceed your budget by the time you add on tax & shipping imho but its worth considering IF you can try one first.

Back
Top Bottom