Looking to replace H440 stock fans.

Associate
Hello

I am looking to replace fans inside H440 with something I can take more control of. What I would like to have is 3x140mm fans (1 rear and 2 at the front of the case) with or without RGB which can be controlled by Corsair Link or Corsair Commander. Currently I can hear the stock fans running at full RPM and not realy pleased with that.

Anything out there which is good? Price does not matter, quiet is better.

Thanks.

What are your temps now at full load and what do you have in your system?

120mm fans become audible above about 1100rpm and 140mm above about 1000rpm. I'm assuming you have the stock 3x 120mm FN V2 front fans which are 1200rpm rated 0.9mm H2O, 45cfm and 21dB(A).

I rarely use exhaust fans anymore. Just good pressure rated intakes. And I always remove all PCIe back slot covers (vented or not) to increase rear vent area around GPU and better front to back airflow.

be quiet! Silent Loop 3 are probably the best but not by much over Phantkes PH-F140MP on sale right now for £16.26 for a twin-pack.
For LEDs I suggest Phanteks Halos 3-pack for £56.86 or £24.95 each, and I have no idea if or how they work with Corsair Link or Commander. Not cheap, but then neither are LED fans .. and I don't know if any are good.

What are your temps now at full load and what do you have in your system?

120mm fans become audible above about 1100rpm and 140mm above about 1000rpm. I'm assuming you have the stock 3x 120mm FN V2 front fans which are 1200rpm rated 0.9mm H2O, 45cfm and 21dB(A).

I rarely use exhaust fans anymore. Just good pressure rated intakes. And I always remove all PCIe back slot covers (vented or not) to increase rear vent area around GPU and better front to back airflow.

be quiet! Silent Loop 3 are probably the best but not by much over Phantkes PH-F140MP on sale right now for £16.26 for a twin-pack.
For LEDs I suggest Phanteks Halos 3-pack for £56.86 or £24.95 each, and I have no idea if or how they work with Corsair Link or Commander. Not cheap, but then neither are LED fans .. and I don't know if any are good.

I am unsure about what do I get while at full load.

My specs are, 980ti sli, 6700k, 115i pro rgb stock fans, 2400 32gb corsair vengeance, 850w psu. I should probably contact Corsair to clarify which fans do work with these controllers before I look further. I am looking into this because I car hear a noise (like a wave or something like it, unsure which fans are making this noise, could as well be aio stock fans.)

while idle https://imgur.com/a/8eqa7

edit 27.03 - Bought ML 140 pro

Last edited:
I am unsure about what do I get while at full load.

My specs are, 980ti sli, 6700k, 115i pro rgb stock fans, 2400 32gb corsair vengeance, 850w psu. I should probably contact Corsair to clarify which fans do work with these controllers before I look further. I am looking into this because I car hear a noise (like a wave or something like it, unsure which fans are making this noise, could as well be aio stock fans.)

while idle https://imgur.com/a/8eqa7

edit 27.03 - Bought ML 140 pro
Idle temp is good.

You bought a ML140 for 27.03? You can get two PH-F140MP for £16.26 on special riight now. Good fans and great price.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/two-...140mm-fan-radiator-performance-bu-003-pt.html

I replaced my stock 3 pin fans on the 450 (same internal layout as the 440) with 4 pin pwm noctuas - my motherboard has enough fan sockets that I skipped the stock fan controller & use it for lighting control only.

Went from 3x120 on the front to 5x140 on front/top/rear, now much quieter but occasionally rattles under specific frequencies.

Back
Top Bottom