Looking upgrade advice

Associate
My current spec is as follows

Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 RAM 64GB (4 x 16gb)
Radeon 7900XTX
Corsair RM850 PS
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 Internal Solid State Drive

I'm looking to swap out MB CPU and RAM to a AM5 DDR5 setup and was looking advice on which ones to pick, I like the Asus MB and wouldn't be opposed to just buying the AM5 version of the one I have. Was wondering if this is the correct way to go about upgrading, Budget is anywhere between £500 to £1000.
I game (Tarkov Destiny) at 1440p

Was also wondering if any other components need to be swapped to make this upgrade ? ie Powersupply ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You've got a top system already, I wouldn't bother.

Was also wondering if any other components need to be swapped to make this upgrade ? ie Powersupply ?
No, everything else should be fine.

I'm looking to swap out MB CPU and RAM to a AM5 DDR5 setup and was looking advice on which ones to pick, I like the Asus MB and wouldn't be opposed to just buying the AM5 version of the one I have. Was wondering if this is the correct way to go about upgrading, Budget is anywhere between £500 to £1000.
The usual recommendation is:
- TUF B650-Plus: gets you PCI-E 4.0 graphics and surprisingly 1x PCI-E 5.0 M.2 slot.
- Strix B650E-F: gets you PCI-E 5.0 graphics.

One of those boards is sufficient for most users, unless they want more than 3x M.2 slots.

Associate
OP
I’d sit tight for month or so as new CPU’s and motherboards are about to be released.
Is this because the MB and CPU's I'm looking at will drop in price or the new ones will be a better option for me ?

Its already a pretty good system do you really need to upgrade?
I guess that's true, however I've a little bit of disposalable cash burning a hole in my pocket.. haha
Also with I look at videos of people playing Tarkov with an AM5 system I can see it seems to run better than my AM4 system

Thanks for the replies

Soldato
Is this because the MB and CPU's I'm looking at will drop in price or the new ones will be a better option for me ?

I guess that's true, however I've a little bit of disposalable cash burning a hole in my pocket.. haha
Also with I look at videos of people playing Tarkov with an AM5 system I can see it seems to run better than my AM4 system

Thanks for the replies

Gives you more options.

Back
Top Bottom