looks over form

Associate
just wondering who has the radiator on bottom of case as as a exhaust. i do at the minute for the Aesthetics and have it as a exhaust . the reason its a exhaust is i have TL lcd fans on it so offcouse i want to see the lcd screen on them

do you think it there be much difference if i had it on top as an exhaust since hot air rises

Soldato
If your temps are good and you like how it looks, that's all that matters. I can't imagine that a custom WC setup like that is struggling to keep your hardware cool.

I personally think the radiator would look better up top, but I'm also a lazy ******* and screw rebuilding the loop.

Last edited:
Soldato
"looks over form"

Paul's Hardware just did a video about form or function. I've never been about form; if it doesn't work, what's the point? I've done some terrible things to computers in the name of function going back to using zip ties to hold four 16 megabyte SIPPs together so that a server could have 64MB of RAM (this was when motherboards used rows of holes and ram boards had pins, the 16MB boards were double-sided so were really thick and so four of them side by side were way thicker than the space allowed by the rows of holes)

Early extreme cooling had machines with airvent ducting in them to get the coolest air straight to the heatsink. First watercooling used a Chevette heatercore and an Eheim pond pump. Looked awful but worked pretty well.

even now I use soft tubing because I'm a tinkerer and need the flexibility offered by soft tube. eg I recently temporarily removed top 240 and front 360 with pump/res attached and didn't detach any tubes or drain the loop.

Soldato
Performance first aesthetics second for me
Back before see through side panels
And other panels now
We're a thing didn't matter about looks
Now because of aesthetics mainly its very expensive
To do a new loop from scratch

Associate
OP
If your temps are good and you like how it looks, that's all that matters. I can't imagine that a custom WC setup like that is struggling to keep your hardware cool.

I personally think the radiator would look better up top, but I'm also a lazy ******* and screw rebuilding the loop.
max iv seen is 75c on the cpu gpu dosnt go much over 50c
the cpu gets hottest playing a cpu intensive game over running prime95 lol that may be the little bit of heat the gpu is putting in the loop ?
cpu gets just over 60c after 10 minutes ov prime95 (small FFTS)

Last edited:
Associate
how do you mean?
looks good tho

Likely the GPU in the vertical position at the front of the case. It's a shame the riser cable can't be hidden as with that on display I think I'd rather have had the card in a more "normal" riser position in front of the motherboard motherboard. The build certainly makes a nice showpiece though!

Associate
Performance first aesthetics second for me
Back before see through side panels
And other panels now
We're a thing didn't matter about looks
Now because of aesthetics mainly its very expensive
To do a new loop from scratch

You can do performance with aesthetics in mind. My setup is more about practicality than anything, and cramming as much cooling into the space I have as is possible to avoid an obscenely large case (what I have now is already very big, and heavy), but I still think it looks alright. It's all subjective of course!

Associate
OP
Likely the GPU in the vertical position at the front of the case. It's a shame the riser cable can't be hidden as with that on display I think I'd rather have had the card in a more "normal" riser position in front of the motherboard motherboard. The build certainly makes a nice showpiece though!
yeah i will be getting a bigger riser at some point not yet tho its a shame the rgb dose not work on the gpu block

Back
Top Bottom