Loop drawing in air

Associate
Hello all,

I have recently built a loop using some of my old and spare parts as part of a new PC for my wife.

The loop is drawing in air from the reservoir, it is a a bitspower 525 bay reservoir.

looking at the instructions it seems like i am missing a BP-CBWP-C67 fitting like below.

Does anyone have one of these in their parts bin or have a suggestion on how i can stop the air being drawn through the loop.
My alternative is to buy an internal tube for an EK reservoir and modify it

2367_20180726_8291-1024x768.jpg

Associate
OP
There isn't much in the loop so the flow is quite fast.
this is the reservoir, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitspower-bay-reservoir-5-25-zoll-pom-version-black-wc-308-bp.html
Within the reservoir the outlet is quite close to the surface of the water so (not that I can see it is filling the coolant with micro bubbles) it is creating a vortex up to the surface that it then drawing in air. There seems to be a dynamic element too where the water level drops near the outlet
A bit like this,
water-10-00441-g003.png

Associate
OP
The reservoir is as full as I can get it because the fill port is recessed into the top making it basically impossible to get rid of all the air.
I am in the process of moving house so i cant access my 3D printer otherwise I would print something alternatively when I get my lathe out of storage I could turn something up.

Associate
OP
I haven't found any foam, I have packed most of my spares. I think it is limited in space around the outlet so I am not sure if I can fit anything in. I did find some of those fittings but they are US stock so long shipping time and costly. When I find the foam I will try it. I am going to look into making a speed regular for the pump too.

Back
Top Bottom