Loose tea afficionados

Soldato
I recently aquired a dinky teapot and some loose tea from America. The tea included Earl Grey, Japanese Cha, Yerba Mate, and another I can't remember. They were delicious, especially the Earl Grey and I recently finished them all.

I went to Tescos and bought a box of Twinings Earl grey loose tea and it's rank- way too bitter, not enough bergamot. Not much variety in the supermarkets for loose tea apart from that.

Please spec me somewhere I can buy decent loose tea.

Associate
Some loose teas are much nicer on the second brew -
poor freshly boiled water in the pot, let it brew for 2 mins, poor the water away, add another load of freshly boiled water and taste.

Also if you can find a shop where you can hand pick the tea (see it, smell it etc then look for tea with lots of leaf and bud (usually silvery coloured), rather than the stalky bits. Tea bags are often small quatitys of leaf and bud, filled out with stalk hence, good loose tea will ahve a much lower stalk content.

Just because its loose tea, dont be afraid to try it with milk or even sugar, however you prefer it is how you should drink it!

Associate
go back to tesco and buy twinings assam - gourgeous tea :)

i came across buy way of an elderly customer who made me a cup from a teapot a few years back -best cup of tea i have ever had.

Back
Top Bottom