• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lossless Scaling From Steam

I was never impressed with the image quality when I used this. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but on the Legion Go and Ayaneo Air, everything just looked a bit rubbish. Not sharp.
I've not even used the frame generation aspect of Lossless Scaling, just the scaling. It just works. There are different scaling options, but so far the default has been what I've left it at.

Maybe its worth playing about with it or is it i get decent fps and quality on the games I play with my set up think ill watch a few more videos about it thanks for the replies.

I gave it a try and it works pretty well. The latency is noticeable to me to varying degrees depending on the type of game. A native DLSS or FSR solution would always work better but this does a good enough job for every other case.

I've not used Lossless Scaling but RSR on the Go wasn't properly supported for ages and I believe is still problematic to get working - I've not bothered with it myself.
i dont have a comparison, maybe i need to check the lossless scaling app within the return window, but i havent faced major issues with rsr on the ally

The drivers do this?
I thought this was like a generic DLSS/FSR type thing that doesn't need game support?

i believe amd has exposed a setting called rsr, image upscaling tech works with almost all games
theres also another setting called afmf, similar to framegen, but its driver enabled and works with all dx11+/vulkan games
nowhere close to dlss in image quality but good options to have for handhelds

Last edited:
Just came across this on youtube and wondering exactly what its used for am I right in thinking its for lower end computers rather than high end thanks.

Introduces scaling and GPU vendor agnostic frame gen for titles that don't support upscaling natively. Also a good alternative to AFMF if your GPU doesnt support it.

It's usefulness is lessened if you have modern hardware, for example having access to AFMF in drivers.
However, you could still find value in it when playing games that don't support unlocked frame-rates or have issues beyond 60fps with the frame gen feature it has.

Introduces scaling and GPU vendor agnostic frame gen for titles that don't support upscaling natively. Also a good alternative to AFMF if your GPU doesnt support it.

It's usefulness is lessened if you have modern hardware, for example having access to AFMF in drivers.
However, you could still find value in it when playing games that don't support unlocked frame-rates or have issues beyond 60fps with the frame gen feature it has.
That is what I was wondering if you have modern GPU and CPU if it made a difference.

Back
Top Bottom