LOST..... How do you think it will end

Soldato
Very good production but not as epic a story as it started out as I think, the hatch section was the best thought out.
I would call it a classic for how it did some things but not in story or sum total definitely one to try unless you do find the story less involving

Soldato
Having watched it all at the time, If I knew then what I knew now, I'd not have bothered watching it. It's not that good, really. The best bit was speculating with your friends at the time what might happen etc... that time has now passed.

Soldato
Acidhell, no. I think part of what made people like Lost was that it was released slowly and really got people talking about it. Get given it on a plate won't draw you into the show and the characters as much and I don't really think you'll get much out of it. Plus, there are many episodes, series perhaps, that are just filler and pretty damned boring.

Watch House instead.

Soldato
Bit of a bump.

Just finished watching Lost, I had watched some of the episodes of S1 when it got released.. but then stopped.

S1 - S3 were really enjoyable, every episode made me want to see the next. But then after the Island was moved and the sky lit up I just got confused, I hadn't got a clue if we were in the past.. the current... the future! I watched it through to the end because I had gotten so far, but it all felt rather silly...

I'm sure I am missing chunks of information though about the story line, I will have to find time to read through some of this thread!

Last edited:
Soldato
Of course they were near Australia to begin with so who knows which way up they were

But then after the Island was moved and the sky lit up I just got confused,
I dont remember it all but that about nails it I think. It got crappy as soon as the mystery was unravelled/explained to any extent, like a magic trick

Went from great to average, I kept watching on momentum and by the end they were barely running on vapours. The church thing was just :confused: otherwise it was a good job finishing it all off even if it was all down hill

The final scene of Jack dying in the bamboo field mirrors the opening scene of Lost in reverse
They did try

Soldato
I enjoyed it back when it was on and I'm currently rewatching it all (halfway through S5). The same thing still bugs me the second time round though. Too many unanswered questions and too many unexplained actions/motives.

Soldato
I enjoyed it back when it was on and I'm currently rewatching it all (halfway through S5). The same thing still bugs me the second time round though. Too many unanswered questions and too many unexplained actions/motives.

Magic, there is nothing clever about 90% of "questions" on that show. I remember years ago the writers said something on the lines of we're not going to say it was all magic. But in the end, it was all magic.

Added spoiler just in case since I am complaining about the end.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's fine saying the ending was bad, but I honestly can't think of any other way they could have finished it.

I think they could have:

Said it was a gateway to another plane of existence, we could have met the gate keepers. They could have then had a spin off series of where the gateway aka island came from. I.e met the civilisation on the next plane of existence.

All the ending basically was:

They all created the island between them as a place they could all face their demons and move into heaven.

Soldato
[TFU] Thegoon84;24817472 said:
They all created the island between them as a place they could all face their demons and move into heaven.

That wasn't the ending (although I agree the ending was rubbish).

Only the flash sideways was created by them, not the Island.

Back
Top Bottom