Lost my job :(

Caporegime
Think i'm gonna cry :(

Remember 6 weeks ago when i landed my job in london?

if not can be found here

Well that job...i just lost :(

all has been going really well, everyone impressed with me, and my line manager said thats hes gonna interview because the director has asked him to anyway, and someone better has turned up and they have offered it to him.
if he takes it, i'm screwed :(

But if he takes it, i'm not gonna pursue a career in IT im gonna do what i can, pay off my debts, then save and go travelling.

No real point in this thread. Just had to say it

Thanks for reading

Soldato
So they've given you a job but your boss is interviewing for someone else to do your job?

Surely they can't jsut change their mind 6 weeks later can they? "Oh sorry, you're doing great but there's someone better that can do it"

That sucks :(

Associate
Its all fate , perhaps seeing the world first is what you are meant to do and experience more of life before getting stuck in an office for eternity. :confused:

Caporegime
OP
Well when i started it was on the grounds it was for a temp position for 2 weeks whilst my line manager was on holiday, he came back after that 2 weeks and said i wanna see how you do before we make you permenant and that, and just 1 week ago! he said i was doing really well etc etc. And then he turns around and says this! So technically I'm a temp, and should have being going perm

Permabanned
Sounds a bit like a fiddle and perhaps the next recruit IF it happens will land in the same position as you in a few months.

Perhaps they recieve funding for temps or recruits, all seems very odd.

Caporegime
OP
PsiFox said:
Then you have not lost it yet.

If you can do it and you want it Fight for it

That's not really the position I am in.

The person is better than me ON PAPER - I.e. he has good GXSE's/A Levels

Guess it looks better for them if they have an "officially" qualified person etc.

They offered it to him today and he has a month to get back to them.

Suspended
Sounds a crap place to work, treating employees like that. :rolleyes: So they're going to sack you just because there's someone better? And you haven't messed up or punched a manager?

Surely if you signed a permenent contract they can't just get rid of you. I would contact CAB and your solicitor.

JKD

JKD

Associate
A month!!! So you're on tenderhooks for a month?

That is just plain stupid. If you can do the job, then in another month you'll have had that extra month's experience at fitting into the team, knowing the business etc. If they employed someone else then, they'd be throwing all that away and have to start again with someone new.

Sounds fishy to me - are you sure this new guy isn't family? I would be livid if an employer did that to me.

Associate
Gotta admit if this had been me i would have told them to shove their job, leaveing them possibly without anyone to do that job for a month maybe longer if the other person doesn't accept, there is no way i would stay at a company like that :mad:

Soldato
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds like you're mourning something you never really had. You were a temp, and it didn't go permanent.

It sounds to me like you've had a creative agency feeding you a line.

Chin up, learn not to swallow everything a recruitment consultant tells you, get a positive reference and start looking for something new.

Good Luck

Soldato
Biohazard said:
Keep your dignity and resign, do you want to work for such fools?

I think this has been a little over-embellished, and with that perspective, quitting an admin role because he didn't get an IT role isn't really going to help someone that is trying to break into the industry.

Don't be rash, spend your lunch hours (which apparently not very busy) looking for new roles. Edit your CV, and make this look like a 3 month contract helpdesk role.

Congratulations, you've had 3 months experience. :)

Back
Top Bottom