Lost Steam Account

Soldato
Right, basically someone has hacked my steam account. I cant get any acsess to it. Ive tried emailing "Steam" but ive had no help from them. Anyone been thru this and got any pointers? its quite annoying cause i had a lot of games on my account

Soldato
Happened to me. The hacker used it with a hacked cyber cafe account and got it banned. Not VAC banned, the whole account banned. Couldn't even play single player games. I lost everything and never got it back. They also banned me from the forums for asking what a cyber cafe account is.

Caporegime
I've had one account hacked.

Steam weren't too helpful in trying to give it back to me.
So i got another one :)

Try sending an email ? or the "have you forgot your password thing?"

Last edited:
Soldato
Happened to me. The hacker used it with a hacked cyber cafe account and got it banned. Not VAC banned, the whole account banned. Couldn't even play single player games. I lost everything and never got it back. They also banned me from the forums for asking what a cyber cafe account is.
what is a cyber cafe account?

Soldato
And people complain about EA's DRM.

Now, surely this is actually illegal, if you can prove that you weren't the one misusing the account and they wont give it back.

Associate
...Except that if you can prove it, then you do get the account back.

Regarding the 'I asked what a cyber cafe account was and got banned' comment... eh? I could go to the steam forum right now, ask that very question, and can guarantee that I won't get banned for it. There has to be more to your story than that.

Soldato
And people complain about EA's DRM.

Now, surely this is actually illegal, if you can prove that you weren't the one misusing the account and they wont give it back.
Well there is no way to prove it wasn't you if they cheat and get you banned, but they will give you your account back if it gets stolen.

Associate
That sucks. Unfortunately the downside to steam's convenience for everything else. No doubt the Ts&Cs give them full right to keep your account locked with the burden of proof on you to show it was stolen. Dunno how you do that though.

Associate
I didn't get hacked but did forget my password/secret question and after over 1 year of not playing CSS i email valve and got a new password.

Back
Top Bottom