Low Carb Food

Soldato
Hi Guys and Girls,

For the past month I have decided that my desk job and general lack of fitness had gotten to a point where I wasn't happy, so from there I have stopped all sugar/carb intake and as such I am starting to struggle to find new food apart from chicken salad and steak salad.

So what I am looking for is and nice low carb low fat food which you use and is relatively easy to cook.

I am staying below the 2500 cals/day and running 10k x 3 times a week (at 50min for the 10k) and in the next week going to start hill/stair training and rugby again after i feel my fitness has improved.

So far I would say I've lost about a stone and feeling a lot better, need to get current weights to do a full dairy thread and progress logging but any help with this would be appreciated :)

KaHn

Soldato
OP
Eggs. When I was on a low carb diet I used a lot of omelettes as a filler. Also ate a lot of fish. I particularly like those little tins of Mackerel fillet's in oil.

Also cheese. I wouldn't worry overly about fat content on a low carb diet....have you done any reading on the subject?

Not really, but I use the simple equation of eat less + train more = weight loss.

As I understood it pretty much all things like potatoes/bread/pasta will give problems with this, also would prefer to stay away from cheese.

I seem to be doing ok/well on how I am going ahead just need some nice food as cajun chicken salad is getting tiresome :).

KaHn

Soldato
OP
Seems to be the general opinion, both side of the arguments is that it can lead to muscle degradation which shouldnt be a problem as i will be doing high intensity training again.

The other concern is liver problems but that hasn't been confirmed.

KaHn

Soldato
OP
In the OP he states he's cut out all sugar/carb intake. :)

I've always lived by a low carb intake, but I do still do have a sensible intake of them. :)

Besides, I've answered the question for him.

As I have said I am still new to this, so to me no carb and low carb was essentially the same, I know now that it's not.

Generally things like orange juice, fruit, beans on occasion and soup all contain carbs but at a guess I am probably under 100g of carbs per day.

All sugars in the shape of sweets/pop all carbs in the heavy sitters like potatoes and bread.

Sorry for not being clear but my question was really about recipies for low carb food.

KaHn

Soldato
OP
There is really no need to avoid potatoes and pork/ lamb. And I'm sorry but you are not a vegetarian if you eat fish, I don't understand that train of thought at all.

Nice progress anyway KaHn, keep at it mate. FF and others obviously know what they are talking about but just be careful you don't get overly bogged down in the micromanagement of it all.

I'm trying not too, but I don't want to be huge or anything like that, just want to get my weight down and control it.

Hopefully my train more excercise plan will work in the end :)

Also I used to be bad with pop/juice and chocolate those have been cut totally out and I only have sugar drinks if I am drinking alchol (i know bad bad bad but I am not chaging my life here just trying to make it better)

KaHn

Back
Top Bottom