Low voices using gpu for both sound and picture

Associate
to clear things up im using my gpu hdmi slot to deliver both sound and picture. Its a new build so i thought i would test a game , this is when i noticed the sound issue.

While i was cruising around in a car i noticed i couldnt really hear the engine. The in game music was good but some of the sound FX where low.

Then i watched a video on youtube and the cutscene music was loud but the talking from the show hosts was quiet.

Tryed a couple if things from searches on google but nothing realy worked.

Anyone know what this is and how i could possibly fix it?

Associate
OP
DA83C05B-B238-4481-981F-A299C4861A0D.jpg

Surround sound , i have 2 rears and a center aswell. My consoles and rig go into my amp then from that into the tv.

It doesnt seem to be too bad while im playing mass effect andromeda.

Soldato
Have you checked to see if 5.1 is configured in Windows sound properties for the HDMI output you are using?

The game you were playing; did you have 5.1 set in the game's sound options?

Soldato
Youtube doesn't use 5.1 sound though, so not surprised that isn't coming out as expected. That's probably just a pseudo upmixed 5.1 using something like Dolby Pro Logic II.

A game with 5.1 set in the sound options and 5.1 set in the Windows sound options, should give proper 5.1 audio.

What does it display on the AV receiver when it's receiving audio from the PC?

Soldato
Hmm. Yeah, that's Pro Logic II; means it's receiving stereo.

Likely you've got Windows set to stereo in the sound properties for the HDMI device you are using. Go to 'sound' in the control panel, then find the HDMI device in the list of devices, then click on it and go to 'configure'. Stereo will be highlighted if it's set to that. Select 5.1 and follow the instructions.

Associate
OP
Hmm. Yeah, that's Pro Logic II; means it's receiving stereo.

Likely you've got Windows set to stereo in the sound properties for the HDMI device you are using. Go to 'sound' in the control panel, then find the HDMI device in the list of devices, then click on it and go to 'configure'. Stereo will be highlighted if it's set to that. Select 5.1 and follow the instructions.

I think that has done it, gonna have to test it tomorrow with gta5 , people are sleeping at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom