• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lowest CPU temps air cooling

Soldato
The room with my computer in was a chilly 13c this morning. CPU idle temp is currently 24c :D

It is rather 'fresh' in here but the radiator is on so room temps are going up now

Noctua U14-S. Edit - 3x runs of R20 max temp 75c

VmMG7TB.png

Associate
I can get lows of 26/27c if the PC has been off overnight and the room is cold. As soon as I start gaming though, the idle does increase even after.
Ryzen 5 3600 with a Noctua NHU12S

5 Runs of cinebench on mine is about 73c. However this is after gaming and after the PC has been on a few hours

Fairly warm room. PC been on 10 mins...

Single fan

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Damn, some cold houses! :D

I much prefer the cooler temps now to how it was in summer. It peaked at 33c one evening and was horrible. I was sat in boxers with one of those giant RAM fans you see in spin rooms at the gym on my bed pointing at me

Associate
5600x with e-sports duo cooler and X570 Tomahawk, 35 degrees in windows normal use (fans set to quiet mode), gaming (cyberpunk 2077) 50 degrees which is absolutely fine. You dont need so much cooling that you could carry around the Covid 19 vaccine you know :)

Associate
damn those are some chilly temps guys. in the morning while pc has been off all night, in my reception room (19c ambient) i get 22c idle after gaming settles to 25c idle. max temps in the morning are 61c after 10 minutes of cinebench r23 and 66c once heat saturated and room warms up a bit (21c ambient) :) those temps may well drop under load once i get my overclockers order after the new year. radiator, case and reservoir upgrade :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
The room with my computer in was a chilly 13c this morning. CPU idle temp is currently 24c :D

It is rather 'fresh' in here but the radiator is on so room temps are going up now

Noctua U14-S. Edit - 3x runs of R20 max temp 75c

VmMG7TB.png
13c, How is that possible?

The hallway is our coldest room in the house first thing on these mornings where it's freezing or just below, and the lowest I've ever seen that is 16.5c i think.

Soldato
OP
13c, How is that possible?

The hallway is our coldest room in the house first thing on these mornings where it's freezing or just below, and the lowest I've ever seen that is 16.5c i think.
15.9c in the room im in now with the computer.

Soldato
OP
What room is it? Tell me more. I’m sitting in my man cave at 26C Lol. I’ve got the air con off for now.
Just a second bedroom / office / computer room in a 2 bed apartment. We dont have any heating on though, usually the lounge radiator only.... Air con off at the moment? I take it you're not in UK

Caporegime
Just a second bedroom / office / computer room in a 2 bed apartment. We dont have any heating on though, usually the lounge radiator only.... Air con off at the moment? I take it you're not in UK
I am in the UK my man cave gets really hot if there’s no air con on. Temperature differences can fluctuate almost up to 10c in here depending on outside weather and if the PC is on and gaming.

Soldato
I am in the UK my man cave gets really hot if there’s no air con on. Temperature differences can fluctuate almost up to 10c in here depending on outside weather and if the PC is on and gaming.

Yeah I am the same, my PC room is upstairs in a small room, with big south (ish) facing window. Right now, with no heating on in here, and the window on the latch a crack open, its 22c in here.

Back
Top Bottom