Lycra Clad Legacies

Soldato
OP
Besides a low volume lifting session on Saturday (minimal compounds/effort - due to continued headache & sinus pressure) and my usual Sunday spin 2hrs Z2, I had a VERY sedentary weekend, with more naps and hours sleep than I care to mention and generally feel tip top currently, apart from the remnants of this disease...

Deads felt quick/powerful by comparison today, 4 x 4 @ 100KG with plenty of pauses and lots left in the tank. Similar story for LB squats.

Flat bench felt.... fine, huzzah. 3 x 15 @ 60KG, much pump. Generally the slight shortness/stretch I was feeling, that was causing me to feel a little unsettled during some movements on my left tendon/pec, has subsided.

Looking to drop a few lbs before mid-march for a week in Sierra Nevada on two wheels so will taper in to a deficit for the next month and see what shifts. Undoubtedly if I don't eat everything insight I'll come back lighter.

That said, despite riding 3-400 miles the last two times I was overseas with the bike I still managed to come back slightly heavier :o :D

Soldato
OP
Slippy grippy... straps #soon. 140KG much tidier and faster than above. 150KG felt solid albeit brain says 'no' as grip opens and hinge sort of dies with it :D

Looks like my calves are doing all the work :/

Should probably squat heavy soon... bench feels fine now but still cautious. On target for short term goals...

Soldato
OP
Think that 160 DL isn't far off at all

Ta, a bit more heel drive & sitting back slightly more (came on to my toes a bit) and some straps will see me golden. Also kicking the arse end of this cold would be nice.

Bench currently 60 x 15, 70 x 12, 80 x 10 without too much trouble. Still being overly cautious...

Soldato
OP
Ticking along nicely, lowered volume a little this week to shift the tail end of this virus 3 weeks later...

Enjoying smashing shoulders for the first time since... ever. Always struggled for good activation but a particular press we have works well.

130KG squat last weekend was comfortable. So not far off my 140KG target, 160KG dead as above is also in reach. Bench, (120KG) if I'm feeling ambitious might bench 100KG/over for the first time since 'le snap'. Some sets at 90KG yesterday felt fine. Being overly cautious isn't going to be detrimental I suppose.

Sitting around 83/84KG which is heavier than I would like for Spanish climbs in 2 weeks :o

Back
Top Bottom