M2 Mac mini Crashes when doing FTP

Associate
Hi all,

I've had an M2 Pro Mac Mini for a few months, first time using a mac - my main PC was just using too much power doing nothing most of the time and I wanted to give MacOS a real go.

It's been great, and FTP using FileZilla has worked just fine until now. Now every time I try a transfer it will crash after 10 mins and the whole system will freeze including the mouse. I am forced to hold the power on button to reboot.

Really not sure what is causing this, Mac OS is updated to the latest beta in case this was causing an issue. 13.5 beta.

I have tried other FTP programs and reinstalling/updating Filezilla, still it crashes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sean

Soldato
Maybe something to do with you using a Beta macOS? Definitely report it to Apple as this is strange behaviour.

Associate
OP
Maybe something to do with you using a Beta macOS? Definitely report it to Apple as this is strange behaviour.

Potentially, I have turned of Beta now, will have to see what happens when Sonoma releases. Strange as I have never really had any issues with windows that I can think of and yet macOS is supposed to be the solid/reliable one haha.

Aside from this I have been very impressed though I must say pretty much matches my 12600k/2080t in everyday things aside from gaming of course. All while using next to no power.

Back
Top Bottom