M2_1 Drive no longer booting on start up

Soldato
Hi

My PC has been running fine until I just tried to turn it on today.
My Win 11 is installed on a M2_1 drive, I also have an SSD I am using as a backup drive for files and photos - Nothing is installed on it.

I tried to turn the PC on and got a repairing message. Its trying to boot from the spare drive. Looking in Bios I can not see anything to do with the M2_1 drive, so I cant change the boot priority.
However if I press f11 when booting I can see the M2_1 drive and can boot from it. Once in Win 11 i can see the drive no problem.

Anyone seen this before?

There is an option in Bios called UEFI Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities.
If I select this I found the Boot option #1 set as my spare SDD, so I changed that to my Win 11 SSD

So even though I said in my first post BIOS does not see the Win 11 M2_1 boot SDD it actually does, but it does not show it anywhere in the boot order menu.

Now I changed the option above its booting as normal. I really dont know if what I have done is correct and if so why it got changed.

Last edited:
Hi

My PC has been running fine until I just tried to turn it on today.
My Win 11 is installed on a M2_1 drive, I also have an SSD I am using as a backup drive for files and photos - Nothing is installed on it.

I tried to turn the PC on and got a repairing message. Its trying to boot from the spare drive. Looking in Bios I can not see anything to do with the M2_1 drive, so I cant change the boot priority.
However if I press f11 when booting I can see the M2_1 drive and can boot from it. Once in Win 11 i can see the drive no problem.

Anyone seen this before?

Yes, I have, although I am not sure it is your problem.
I recently carried out a BIOS update on an ASUS Motherboard and it was left in exactly the same state as yours. Turned out that there was a file that needed to be updated and the only way to do that was to run the BIOS update a second time.

I never worked out what happened, I ended up taking the spare drive out and reinstalling on the main SDD. It showed up when selecting a drive to install Win on.

Back
Top Bottom