Mac Laptops

Soldato
Hi , i am eligable for a laptop through my council for being dyslexic. Im surrently doing Graphic Design at uni and as such mac is probably the way to go as its the industry standard and thats what we use at uni. Now heres the question. I could get a iBook free, but i could put some money in myself and make this better say to a PowerBook or a MacPro. My question is , is there point ? there obviously faster but at the end of the day will it make that much difference.

Also will the fact that Apple have signed to Intel mean that having the MacPro will be a future safe bet or not?. The dual boot abilities would be pretty welcome so that i could play a few old windows games on my laptop.

Any advice most welcome :)

cheers for the advice so far guys , most appreciated. On the game front i was wondering if games such as WoW and BF2 would run fine on these. Having the graphics on low isnt a problem for me as im currently on a 1.4GHz , or rather a 1700 AMD , so im used to it.

Also i was wandering how come its essentialy 2 processors ( or so i believe ) in one and yet the speed is only 2GHz on the top model. I tried searching the net but find it ruddy hard to understand it in robot, would be much more helpful for a human answer :)

Back
Top Bottom