.Mac mail, IMAP and IDLE

Soldato
I've just posted this on Macrumors, so I've copy/pasted it here in-case anyone has any comments. :D

--------------------------

I've been a user of gmail IMAP for a while now. It works well as I can have my email on my iPod-Touch and desktop all in sync. Now, I've always fancied a play with .Mac, so I've signed up for the trial. I'm having some problems with the mail side of things though....

Does .Mac not support IDLE? I currently have to press 'Get Mail' for new mail to arrive. Sometimes simply changing the folder I am looking at will make it refresh, sometimes not.

It also seems very slow. If I mark something as read on my touch, it can take ages for it to be marked as read on the desktop. Even then it won't do it all on its own, I need to either press "Get Mail' or start moving folders around.

I'm using Leopard 10.5.2 with all updates etc, so it's not that. Is this just the way .Mac is? If so I can see me going back to gmail pretty sharpish.

Cheers

Soldato
OP
This might sound silly but..

Will apple tech support be able to shine any light on this? Providing you either have apple care or whatever?

I've been looking through their forums. Seems there's a long running issue with .mac and speeds with various features, Gallery being the main one. I've just tried uploading a 2.8mb file to iDisk, and it was going at a whopping 8k/s !

Back
Top Bottom