Mac Mini DVI > HDMI Cable?

Soldato
Hello there.

Just bought a Mac Mini which is winging it's way to me now (cheers Rob).

I've been looking into the best way to connect it to my TV which has HDMI, VGA, Component, Scart and S-Video inputs but unfortunately no DVI.

Ideally I'll use a digital connection (unless the difference with VGA is negligable) so a DVI to HDMI cable seems the best option.

Looking at the Apple site, it recommends the Belkin PureAV HDMI-to-DVI Video Cable, which if I'm honest looks grossly overpriced.

Is there a difference between this and any other DVI to HDMI cable?
Is the DVI>HDMI vs. HDMI>DVI thing just a difference in naming convention or is there actually a difference?

I've seen a DVI to HDMI Cable 24K Gold Plated 1.5M [DVI-MI] cable for less than £4 - would this do the job?

Thanks a lot!

Si
:)

Soldato
OP
Hey.

I don't think I can link as they may be a competitor but here's all the info and the image from the site:

DVI to HDMI Cable 24K Gold Plated 1.5M
[DVI-MI] £3.99

DVI to HDMI Cable is used to connect computers/DVD players with AVI socket to a HD-ready TV/monitor with HDMI socket. DVI is compatible with HDMI for transferring digital video signals, but does not include sound signals. This HDMI to DVI interconnect cable are capable of 1080i High Definition resolutions and transmitting the uncompressed signals without any loss for razor sharp picture.

Key Features

• High speed digital performance
  • 24k gold plated contacts prevent corrosion for long life optimum signal transfer
  • Superior screening ensures excellent picture performance
  • 1.5 meters in length

imagemagicud5.jpg

Cheers

:)

Back
Top Bottom