Mac OS High Sierra available from 25/9

Soldato
Permabanned
Mines done, just making a usb installer.

This is the terminal command, rename your USB stick to "Untitled" first.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Soldato
I'll do mine after the football. Worth noting if you have an Apple Watch Series 3 you'll be able to use the Watch to unlock the Mac again (as pre High-Sierra it didn't recognise the new chip in the wearable).

Commissario
I'm holding off on the iMac due to an incompatibility with a Silicon Labs USB interface driver but will install on my MacBook as soon as I've created the installer USB.

Here's the arstechnica incredibly detailed review which is always worth a read while it's installing.

Soldato
Anyone have the update stall at about 90% completed? Updating my iMac and it’s been sitting for a good couple of hours now on a black screen with Apple logo and stalled progress bar.

Soldato
Can someone explain why this update does not show in the update check area of the app store?

Is this different from previous system updates as all the others I got a prompt that update was available.

Thank's

Back
Top Bottom