Mac OS media players!

Soldato
my dads pulling his hair trying to find a mac os media player for storing his films on to watch downstairs in the living room! but can only find them in formats on NTFS and fat32!

as mac has its own format (ma os extended) will this be a problem when transfering files to and from the media player and mac?

sorry if it doesnt make much sense lol! but i sorta know what im trying to say and hope you do also!

thanks

!

Soldato
I don't quite understand, there is VLC or Perian which will allow you to play pretty much anything on a Mac.

Or do you need something to convert video files to watch in the living room?

Soldato
he just said he wasnt sure if the media players hes wanting to buy are 100% compatible with mac's i dont really know either cause i never used macs!

Media players as in Windows Media Player, Quicktime etc to watch videos/play music?

If so, get VLC, Perian and Flip4Mac. Will be everything you could need.

Caporegime
If you're talking about something that streams files over a network then the format of the disk makes no difference. You just need something that can connect to a network share and play the formats you need.

Associate
If you're talking about something that streams files over a network then the format of the disk makes no difference. You just need something that can connect to a network share and play the formats you need.

Actually thats a fair point. The file format will only matter if he is plugging the device directly into the Mac. Even then, you can get drivers for OS X to read/write to NTFS.

Back
Top Bottom