Macbook Air loading bar hangs when booting up.

Soldato
Hi folks, anyone have any ideas they would like to share that may help me out here?

I went to use my Air the other day as normal, clicked on my profile icon and typed in my password but the loading bar under my profile seemed to hang at about 3/4 done rather than finish and load up as usual.

In all honesty there isn't anything I need saved on the Air so I thought Id just do a fresh install to save hassle. However when I do command r I get the exact same issue on the black screen with the apple logo. Loads up the bar about 3/4 of the way then doesn't take me to the utility screen. Similarly if I boot up in safe mode by holding shift I essentially get the first problem again when I try to log in.

I appear to be stuck!

Im quite happy to to a reinstall if required and the machine was showing no signs of having any issues, it seems to have happened completely randomly but is obviously very frustrating. I don't have a great deal of knowledge so an unsure what to do. Any thoughts?

Soldato
If you can get hold of a USB with MacOS installed, you could boot from that and try repair the installation. That or get Diskwarrior and make a bootable usb from that and try repair.

Not sure why your recovery console is not working, possibly suggests something more sinister, but I would be speculating without seeing the unit first hand!

Back
Top Bottom