MacBook Air - M2 or M3

Associate
So - Junior Clanger is off to University next month and has declared that a MacBook Air is essential for her studies... :rolleyes:

In terms of making it (at least a little) future-proof I'm thinking of going for 16Gb RAM and a 512Gb SSD - but thinking I could save a little bit on going for the M2 rather than the M3 processor. She's not going to be using it for much outside of Office 365 and streaming - so I'm thinking that the M2 will be sufficient for her needs - but is there anything I'm missing...?

Just to add that my M1 8GB 256GB SSD MBA does everything I need it to. Mainly web browsing, music and Office 365.

Just make sure you get the student discount to save some cash rather than paying full price.

I've just snagged a 14" MacBook Pro M2 Pro (32GB, 1TB) off the Apple refurb store. Thrilled to bits with it, and saved a bundle. I'd recommend checking out the refurb store before buying brand new. This is my second purchase in relatively recent years, no issues with either. I've just lobbed the AppleCare on it, £89.99 for the year. (Replaced a Mid-2015 15" Retina MacBook Pro).

Last edited:
I have the m2 air and it is great. Battery life is amazing and will do anything anybody wants it to do apart from serious gaming but that is an apple thing not the macbook thing. One thing I will say though is the midnight colour shows finger prints very easily but is better on the m3 by the looks of it.

Back
Top Bottom