MacBook battery help.

Soldato
Well, my battery appears to be buggered, it's been gradually getting worse, going from holding over 5 hours, to 4, 3, 2, 1, half an hour, 10 minutes, a couple of minutes, even though the battery indicator was displaying 100% and over 30 mins time, and now I just unplugged my MacBook to move it upstairs, and it's turned it's self off half way to getting there, and now the battery isn't recognised at all, coconut battery just crashes.

I tried to recalibrate it over and over, but it didn't make any difference at all.

I'm thinking I'll have to buy a new battery?

Unless there is anyhting else you think I could try?

It's about 2 years old now

Edit: Ok, it's detected it again now, but the battery is pretty buggered as you can see from coconut battery:

picture1wi5.png

Also, the plug on my magsafe is broken as well (I'm on my third one now) so whenever I move it the connection gets broken and the MacBook dies, so it's a bit annoying

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't suppose you're in a 3 year HE warranty? Might be worth speaking to Apple anyway, they might be interested in one of their products going mental like this.

I'd have a word about the MagSafe anyway, a third one broken is unlucky!

Associate
My MacBook battery is down to around 55% of it's original capacity after 2 years use. After 309 cycles it should be around 80% according to the Apple website.

I'll be taking it to my nearest Apple Service Centre (Mallusk) the next day that I have a day off work to see if I can get any of the following problems fixed under my 3 year HE warranty.

*Depleting battery
*Yellowing/darkening of plastics around keyboard
*Cracking off keyboard plastics at the edge where the magnets close the screen (same as someone else posted about)

Once that's all sorted, I'll be giving it to my brother and buying a new MacBook come July!

Soldato
OP
The battery update hasn't made any difference unfortunately :(

This is what system profiler says:

picture2es0.png

I only had one year warranty, but looking at the link Sic posted, it might be possible to get it replaced.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom