*** Macbook Pro Retina 13" ***

Associate
Rumoured to be coming at the same time as the iPad mini (event supposedly on 23rd October).

9to5mac said:
The new 13-inch MacBook Pro will be sold in two configurations, with differing processors and storage, and will be available for purchase soon after introduction.

Anyone else interested/excited?

Associate
OP
Rumours from several sources keep flying in.

Supposedly:

* No discrete graphics chip
* New battery design
* As with the rMBP 15" - MagSafe 2, a pair of Thunderbolt ports, a USB port, and a headphone jack on the left and a USB port, an HDMI port, and an SD card reader on the right.

Associate
OP
So the info is out:

.75" thick, 20% thinner than the old model, and 3.5 pounds. No optical drive and includes IPS Retina display. MagSafe 2, two Thunderbolt ports, USB 3.0, dual mics, stereo speakers.

4,096,000 pixels, 2560 x 1600. "There's never been a small notebook that gave pro photographers this kind of technology and capability."

Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 or i7 processors, comes standard with 8GB of RAM and up to 768GB of SSD storage. Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor. 7-hour battery, backlit keyboard.

Starts at $1699, 2.5GHz dual-core i5, 8GB Ram, 128GB SSD. Shipping today.

Associate
OP
You'd have to be mad to get the 256GB 13" over the base 15". Both are really expensive though.
This is very true. Might change....

EDIT: OK, so after getting over my trigger happy fingers I've cancelled my order. Are Apple trying to push people toward the 15" here?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You're comparing 13" MBP to 15" RMBP? Which is thinner and pretty much the same weight but not "smaller". *Confused*

Surely we're comparing retina to retina?!
People who used to carry around a 13" MBP and who were waiting for the 13" retina will still feel a reduction in size and weight if they got a 15" rMBP (if that makes sense). The idea of portability differences has been diminished as the 15" rMBP is so small and light anyway.

Back
Top Bottom