*** Macbook Pro Retina 13" ***

Associate
OP
You'd have to be mad to get the 256GB 13" over the base 15". Both are really expensive though.
This is very true. Might change....

EDIT: OK, so after getting over my trigger happy fingers I've cancelled my order. Are Apple trying to push people toward the 15" here?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You're comparing 13" MBP to 15" RMBP? Which is thinner and pretty much the same weight but not "smaller". *Confused*

Surely we're comparing retina to retina?!
People who used to carry around a 13" MBP and who were waiting for the 13" retina will still feel a reduction in size and weight if they got a 15" rMBP (if that makes sense). The idea of portability differences has been diminished as the 15" rMBP is so small and light anyway.

Associate
You're comparing 13" MBP to 15" RMBP? Which is thinner and pretty much the same weight but not "smaller". *Confused*

Surely we're comparing retina to retina?!

I think his point is this.

You have got used to the fact that the MBP 13" is the portable size when compared to the MBP 15". The RMBP 15" came out and was thinner and roughly the same weight as the MBP 13". They have now released the RMBP 13" and it's obviously "smaller" but is still as portable as the RMBP 15". The price point further supports the logic that because they are so similarly priced you might as well go for the more powerful base RMBP 15".

That's just my take, if you want a 13" screen then the RMBP 13" is the one.

Soldato
If you say so. I disagree, as the size/weight difference is just 20% for both, not a big change.

Everyone has different use cases. Right now I'm sat behind 2*27" 2560x1440 monitors.

As I cycle everywhere portability in my laptop trumps screen size. The 13" RMBP is pretty much half a kg lighter and 4.4cm less width then the 15" RMPB. That's a noticeable difference.

If a laptop was my main computer then the 15" would make more sense. Different strokes for different folks.

Associate
Tech crunch:

"In the hand, however, it feels significantly lighter, at about a pound lighter than the bigger model. That’s a big difference for a machine you carry around with you all day, and alone might sway some users, price considerations aside."

Back
Top Bottom