macOS Sequoia

Soldato
I've looked for an existing thread but couldn't find one. I might be blind though :D.

I've been reading about some of the features in the betas and the tiling window fearure sounds interesting. I'm wondering if it'll mean I can stop using Rectangle Pro and just use the new included macOS feature.

I've upgraded my personal Mac to check out Passwords, some of the things which frustrated me have been improved on, such as the ability to edit URLs.

Window scaling works perfectly, I disabled Magnet.

Is it going to be a 1password killer?
For most people it will work fine. What I dislike is you cannot set a timeout for it requiring TouchID/unlock with password. It seems to be pretty strict, you can go in and do some stuff, got to a website and then shortly after you have to authenticate again. That timeout isn't configurable and I find it annoying. I'm on my work Mac now and can't verify if you can have multiple URLs for the same item which you couldn't before. You can now have multiple websites for the same entry which I didn't think was possible before, neat!

Last edited:
Can you organise your passwords/records into folders/groups? And are there any adjustments to the random password generator, ie - length, character type?

I've yet to see any of the 'preview' videos out that show or demonstrate those features.
It looks like you can create shared groups but that’s it. You can’t really change the password options such as length, just with special characters (hyphens etc not) or no special characters.

It looks like you can create shared groups but that’s it. You can’t really change the password options such as length, just with special characters (hyphens etc not) or no special characters.
Cheers for that. Shame as it's two features i find handy in a few other managers but maybe it's something they'll add in the future.
From what i've seen, it's certainly seems like an improvement over what they've had in the past though.

I've looked for an existing thread but couldn't find one. I might be blind though :D.

I've been reading about some of the features in the betas and the tiling window fearure sounds interesting. I'm wondering if it'll mean I can stop using Rectangle Pro and just use the new included macOS feature.
I would highly suggest that you have a look at Raycast as it has these features built in and fear not it has the ability to mirror the same keyboard shortcuts that you will be used to.

The new Calculator app is horrible, I'm not sure why they've changed it to look more like the phone version when it's used on a desktop/laptop.

Is it going to be a 1password killer?

I don't think so - the multi-platform/auto-fill thing is a hell of a restriction tbh, but then I guess it depends on how often you multi-platform doesn't it? I mean I regularly jump MacOS/Windows/iOS/Android which I can't imagine everyone does, but it doesn't work in that sort of setup.

If it was *just* MacOS/Windows I think it would be workable, but then iCloud on Windows is generally flakey and seems to take an age to update - if they improved that, then perhaps?

Trying to be objective, however my initial thoughts is that it's a Wordpad vs Word argument tbh, if that makes sense.

Trying to be objective, however my initial thoughts is that it's a Wordpad vs Word argument tbh, if that makes sense.
That seems like a good analogy, thanks. I do actually use the multi platform thing of 1password but with a work vault that's only used on a Windows PC and it's purely for the convenience of having a common interface.

Can you post a screenshot? I've only seen the new iPad calculator.
It basically looks like the iPhone one. But it’s also iPhone size.

Clean-Shot-2024-08-11-at-08-57-36-2x.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom