Made a mistake with my video card

Associate
Hey
i just placed an order for the parts for a new system, i made a small mistake with the video card i ordered, i ordered the

MSI ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-060-MS) --£311 in vat

when i ment to order the

MSI ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-059-MS) --£340 in vat

as far as i can see there isnt a lot of difference between the two except the core and mem speeds, first is 625 core and 1450 mem and second is 650 core and 1550 mem

is this difference worth
A) the 30 pounds
B) getting onto ocuk and asking them to chenge the order (mucho hassle id assume :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
Associate
OP
never overclocked anything in my life and dont want to start trying with my dads brand new video card :eek: lol but that tiny performance difference would be barely noticeable i would assume?

Man of Honour
It won't make a huge deal of difference in that both cards are eminently capable, you can certainly attempt to overclock the X1900XT to the same speeds or higher than the X1900XTX. If you aren't going to attempt overclocking or have some other special reason for wanting the X1900XTX then get onto OcUK otherwise enjoy the £30 you have saved because as far as I am aware there is no intrinsic difference beyond the core and memory speeds being higher on the XTX cards :)

Associate
rebel28 said:
never overclocked anything in my life and dont want to start trying with my dads brand new video card :eek: lol but that tiny performance difference would be barely noticeable i would assume?

Its not that difficult there are several programs that do the overclocking for you.

Associate
Cant give a direct link but try searching in Google for ATI Tool.

Edit: Oh and check out the overclocking forum, there should be plenty of threads dedicated to overclocking the latest Ati cards, alternately just post a new thread asking for help i'm sure peeps with be glad to answer any questions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom