Made this today (Netduino content)

Associate
BD9xdUVCUAAk6pW.jpg:large

That my friends is a Netduino, an industrial emergency stop button (with replacement internals consisting of a Caterham brake light switch), and some bits I picked up from Maplin this afternoon. I haven't done electronics since I was at school so getting it working was a real sense of achievement, even for such a simple circuit :)

It's purpose is to interact with one of our games at work so that audience members can participate and make it do things. I've got the code for that sorted already so tomorrow hopefully it will all come together.

PS - 1K resistors are huge! I followed a simple example circuit diagram and that's what it said, but I think it may be overkill...

Associate
OP
Ah ok, that probably explains it then. It's a 2W resistor.

Should've paid more attention back in school ;)

Associate
Not had any experience with netduino but I'm into quite a big arduino project at the moment

Can't say too much about it just yet but when it is closer to being finalised I'll post some details up

Associate
OP
Much the same thing as Arduino but since we're a .NET software house it works nicely for us. Can code up in the usual Visual Studio environment and do live debugging over USB too, which is ace. Post some details up of yours when you can :)

Did a bit more to the prop today, it still works too which is handy! Think there might be a memory leak in my sockets code somewhere though, occasionally it will crash and need a hard reset. Have had some fun and games trying to de-bounce the button input as well.

BEDFvquCAAA5l5n.jpg

Associate
I've always wondered what the debugging is like on those boards, can you set breakpoints and step through you code looking at variable values etc?

I've got a plugin that lets me develop in Visual Studio as the Arduino IDE is hideous IMO

De-bounce is a bit of a pain, I think you can get some switches / buttons that do it in the hardware for you

I'm hoping to get a lot more done on mine this weekend so I might be able to show you some of what I have been doing

Associate
OP
Our button isn't that clever so I've had to do the de-bouncing in code, but I've seen hardware solutions. Have to say though the debugging with this thing is superb. Breakpoints, stepping through, inspecting live variable values, running commands, all the usual Visual Studio stuff. Makes it very nice to work with :)

Back
Top Bottom