Mafia 2 demo!

Soldato
I think I am getting it definitely on PC, downloaded demo on PC and PS3 and looks much nicer on PC, plus so much better with a mouse!

Get an average of 50.2 fps with the system as in sig! : 1920x1600 everything maxxed

Associate
Demo mission was very generic, but the shoot em up bits were great compared to the shooting bits in GTA4. Didn't really get along with the car handling though, much preferred GTA4 in that respect (dunno, maybe modern cars are just easier haha). Graphics were pretty good, ran smooth maxed out. Will probably get this once I get through back huge backlog of underplayed games that I got on steam a while ago.

Man of Honour
Demo mission was very generic, but the shoot em up bits were great compared to the shooting bits in GTA4. Didn't really get along with the car handling though, much preferred GTA4 in that respect (dunno, maybe modern cars are just easier haha). Graphics were pretty good, ran smooth maxed out. Will probably get this once I get through back huge backlog of underplayed games that I got on steam a while ago.

Arcade handling is a breeze but still has enough "old fashionedness" to it to stay in the period IMO, simulation isn't really simulation but it does take a bit more skill to drive.

Associate
Does no one else feel that the price they are going to charge for this is going to be too much? I just refuse to pay more then £25-30 now days.

Considering that you've been able to preorder it for £25 for a while now, I don't think there's any guessing involved.

Must admit, I wasn't that keen on the demo when I first played it, but it's certainly grown on me after giving it more of a chance.

What's with the magic Tardis garage that can hold loads of cars though? In the original, you had a parking lot round the back of the restaurant to store the ones you wanted to keep.

Soldato
Last time I checked like a week ago you could. Got mafia free too. Though I don't think much of mafia and it costs 5 quid elsewhere and so you arn't getting it free because mafia 2 can be had for a 5er cheaper elsewhere.

Associate
I tried the ps3 demo just to see how bad it is compared to the polished good looking & smooth running pc version, I managed to play through the demo but it looked like crap to be honest & bad frame rate to go with the crappy looks, bad looks with bad frames is an automatic looser imo.

Put another way it would be like playing the pc version on the lowest resolution & still getting a very bad frame rate.

All the ps3 is good for is some of the good exclusives like heavy rain, uncharted series, many devs just don't use the ps3 to it's ability, red dead redemption looks & plays far better on the xbox 360 so don't know if Mafia II plays better on the 360 but I'd guess it will.

Can't wait to play it to death :), freaking awesome game, really loved the first one & it's been a long wait for a mature intelligent gta type game & hope we don't have to wait so long for a next instalment.

Mafia 1 was awful on consoles too but simply amazing on pc at the time.

I expect to receive the special edition @ £13 less than steam :cool: with printed map & some extra DLC tomorrow or thursday & I'm bubbling with excitement woo hoo lol :D.

Soldato
Ign and bit-tech both say the game is bad and bit-tech I trust. Gamespot said quite a few bad things but then gave it a good score and gamespot are renound for being paid soo.... sounds like a miss to me.

Caporegime
Apparantly from sources the game is very short , the city isn't very large , there are hints in the game they are going to milk it ( dlcs ) and there is no freeride. Once you done the main mission that's it , don't expect bits on the side away from the main mission. Home -> Mission -> Home -> Mission :p

That's all i've read , i haven't played it

Soldato
The 360 demo is buggy though, downloaded it so my bro could have a go, he got to the mg in in the window, when he got off it he fell thru the window, so he ran to the door and fell thru the floor

Associate
Read every word of bit-techs review & eurogamer, disapointed by what eurogamer said & bit-tech gave it an average rating.
I still believe I'll like it a lot, I know I liked the demo very much :).

Heres a bunch of other reviews with more positive things to say about it, user score is what I focus on mostly, balls to what paid reviewers say :p.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mafia-ii
I'll leave my own review there once I've completed the game :).

Back
Top Bottom