maintenance on WC loop

Associate
Can anyone tell me what is the best way of flushing Mayhems pastel fluid out of my loop?

Its due its first fluid change plus I am adding more components to the loop over christmas. I also thought it would be the perfect opportunity to change fluid colour whilst I am breaking into the loop.

I am renewing the tubing but I am re-using the res, pump and CPU block...will the dye have permanently stained my clear plexi res and CPU block?

Advice would be much appreciated

Cheers.

Soldato
flush the rads/res with hot tap water until the water runs clear, flush and rinse once with di water

flush the pump/blocks with di water until clear if possible. you may have to disassemble blocks and clean them inside with a toothbrush and some ketchup

rig it all together with spare tubing and run di water through the loop (outside case obv ;D) for 24 hours

hold white paper behind the res to judge the colour. if youre moving from red to white you obviously want it uber clear, whereas yellow to red wont matter too much.

iirc there was talk of people adding a little isopropyl alcohol in the loop to loosen staining in blocks, but it will probably damage o rings

Soldato
theres quite a lot of dye in pastel so it takes a while to get rid

i have a 1260 rad loop and was running di water and changing it every few days fot two weeks.

yea any slight colouration and the white will show it!

Associate
The white will look super cool....when it actually comes through pure white.....on a posiive at least it will keep me busy over xmas.

:)

I can certainly vouch for that. I am using the ice white pastel in a loop in a storm stryker at the moment. Looks really cool.

Back
Top Bottom