Major Problem, Please Help

Soldato
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information

STOP 0X0000000A (0XA9E53498, 0X00000002. 0X000000000, 0X80420380)

What is that all about. Its got a blue screen behind it.

I posted a hdd issue in the hdd section before, but no one had any suggestions really..

anyways, i sorted that, i managed to get my hdd formatted (after puttin a 120gb ide slave in and the whole system went kaput, froze just before the first window screen on my main hdd and on the slave it only ever said system disk error)

but i managed to get my main hdd formatted and was installing windows xp on my relatively new pc but it only ever got to "installing devices" bit of the windows installation then it either froze... or that message appeared with the blue screen (top of this post)

im pretty baffled... ive reset the bios and everything. the setup is pure innovation mobo, amd 64 3500 cpu, x1800xt gfx (just bought), 2gb gzkill memory, 580w hiper type r.

all i get on that comptuer now is that stupid message that ive put at the top of this post... any help would be really helpful as i seriously need the comptuer working ASAP. plus ive spend loads of money buying the dam thing.

putting a 120gb slave drive in started all this trouble in the first place.. thats the only thing i changed about the system

Soldato
OP
ive taken the slave drive out yes.

the main drive works... ive got it in a really old pc and its working, i formatted it.. and ive got winxp running on it, this was partitioned but i cant view the content of the partition now

main hdd = 120gb windows/otherstuff 80gb games (200gb maxtor)

ive got it formatted and windows running, but the 80gb partition i cant view.

if i try and format this hdd in my new computer it formats... but when installing windows it will freeze and display the blue screen of death.. but i have no idea what the problem can be... and was hoping somebody coudld help. the blue screen info is at the top of this thread

Associate
Wipe the whole thing properly. Download the utilities pack from your HDD manufacturer and perform a low-level format on the drives in dos. That should cure the problem.

I having the same problem myself with one hdd, but can't be bothered to sort it out at the mo :D

Soldato
OP
does it seem like the hdd is still the issue though?

i really hope it isnt other hardware causing this that is all..

p.s. how do you download the software then do a slow format in dos...

how do you get in dos for starters? and how would i run it with from bootup

Associate
lemonkettaz said:
does it seem like the hdd is still the issue though?

i really hope it isnt other hardware causing this that is all..

p.s. how do you download the software then do a slow format in dos...

how do you get in dos for starters? and how would i run it with from bootup

You download the utilities from the manufacturer and then create a book disk on a floppy..... Put it in the drive, start the pc and it will boot from the floppy to the mobo manufacturers dos utility program. From there you can select the low-level format option.

The low level format is only possible from dos and this will clear the drive and return it to the manufacturers original state. Unless that is if it's knackered.

Soldato
OP
mobo dos utility... or hdd dos utlity.

p.s. dont have a floppy drive.

ive got windows installed on the hdd now.. from another pc... should i try putting the hdd back into the "main" computer and see if it loads up?

Associate
lemonkettaz said:
mobo dos utility... or hdd dos utlity.

p.s. dont have a floppy drive.

ive got windows installed on the hdd now.. from another pc... should i try putting the hdd back into the "main" computer and see if it loads up?

1. HDD manufacturer!

2. Get a Floppy! - You can't create boot disks without one and they quite often come in handy.

3. No do not put the HDD you've installed windows on in another pc cos all the drivers it has installed will be wrong for your hardware, and it will not work and will probably crash.

Associate
Use the Windows XP installation DVD to remove any existing HDD partition, then create a new partition, then fully format it with NTFS (not the quick format option), then XP will install automatically. If the format shows any bad sectors then your drive is on the way out and that is your problem.

Otherwise, my money would be on a memory problem - Are the BIOS settings correct and the RAM running within spec?

[J]

Soldato
OP
ive set everything at default....the bios has been reset.

i have had it clocked... but it was running stable... until i put the extra hdd in... tried to format it in windows.. then it all went slow.. and restarted. didnt run after that.

then i got them dodgy messages after i finally managed to format the hdd.

was running the memory 3-4-4-8 236mhz

cpu at 2.6ghz 11x multiplier

stock voltage. 580w hiper type R

Soldato
OP
ive researched the error message.. seems to be with incompatible hardware when installing windows..

x1800xt
creative x fi

these could be the culprits...

ive only got a 4year old copy of windows xp.... thats what i use in a major crisis... like this

could it be my hardware is too modern for my installation to continue past the "installing devices" bit?

i did install this version on xp when i first built the computer.. bearing in mind this had a

x800gto

and no soundcard... can this be an issue?

Soldato
OP
right.. ive just tried a few things.. disabled sound/sata/virus scan/external cache (not internal) and tried the hdd in the main computer again...

instead of stop 0x0000000A

i get

stop 0x0000007B

maybe a slight improvement.. but still there is an error somewhere

Associate
We,,

Like I said your memory could be the problem - 236mhz is nearly 20% above your mobo's rates spec (200mhz or DDR400). Try running your memory at stock.

[J]

Back
Top Bottom