major problems

Associate
just updating from an earlier post (in the Memory section) - my problems have gradually got worse.
started off with my games crashing after 5 minutes play, but then i could continue as normal after the restart.

now im getting to the point where my games freeze several times in a row, and then on restart, my mobo code display (Abit) gets stuck on 7A: Detect and Install Co-Processor

i am now seeing the BSOD with the following code too:
MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR
0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x80545FF0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

also getting other probs like "Booting from Disk, Cant find disk" etc.

the last time i checked, the idle temps for CPU and System were under 40 degrees

Associate
OP
sorry, should have stated my specs before:

AMD 64 3200+ Venice (939)
Abit AN8 Ultra motherbaord, with latest bios edition
Geil 1Gb (2x512mb) Dual Channel Value DDR400
Radeon X800 GTO
Maxtor D'Max 10 80Gb SATA

anything else?

my voltages were inside the ranges for all (according to the bios), and i have them set on shut down if they go above/below (i'm assuming that this wouldn't cause the computer to crash - surely it would turn off completely?)

Im going to try my memory by taking 1 stick out and then changing, then swapping slots to make sure these arent bolloxed. if this doesnt change anything, i will get memtest.

is there any way of checking for a faulty CPU? i know that O.C will not test anything for you (they prefer to make you buy a replacement just incase, then charge a restocking fee once you take it back ;) :mad: )

unfortunately i dont know anyone else with an AMD 64 - otherwise i would swap them over to prove a point.

Back
Top Bottom