Making an Icon

Soldato
I'm trying to make an Icon for my Dac/Amp as the audio source under the 'sounds>playback' settings.

I've taken a picture, removed the background and touched it up to the best of my meager abilities in GIMP, and added a small drop shadow. When I try to use online converters, the transparency is not retained, and I end up with a black or white background. (as has happened with the image hosting site too!)

Can anyone advise how I can take my image, and make it into a windows icon (.ico) without losing the transparency?

Canary-Icon-2.png

If you need the original image to offer advise, let me know.

Permabanned
dunno, I saved your image, opened it in Paint.Net to lasso the black into transparent, saved it, uploaded it to that site, pressed the save ico button, which gave me a link, which is what I gave you.

Soldato
OP
dunno, I saved your image, opened it in Paint.Net to lasso the black into transparent, saved it, uploaded it to that site, pressed the save ico button, which gave me a link, which is what I gave you.

Thanks man, appreciate the effort.

That’s exactly what I did, using the original image and gimp (the black background was from the image host, which resized it too). I’ll try it again.

Associate

Exactly what I did. It was a bit rough and ready which was why I didn't upload it.
Paint.net wins :)

Back
Top Bottom