Makita tool compatibility

:D:p:D I actually have a big chrome wet/dry vacuum from Lidl (Parkside PWD 30 A1) that comes with a special extra hose and a couple of nozzles for use in combination with all sorts of power tools to provide dust extraction. It works a treat and so far I have used it on my router table, table saw, sliding mitre saw, jigsaw, orbital sander and plunge saw. The best thing about it is that the special hose is a smaller diameter than the main hose so is much more flexible and doesn't get in the way. For £59.95 it was a good buy and with a 3 year warranty well worth it. It also has a power take off for plugging power tools into as well as variable suction so you can adjust it according to your requirements.

that comes with a special extra hose and a couple of nozzles for use in combination with all sorts of power tools to provide dust extraction.
LOL - you're officially a multifaceted member (not a euphemism :D).

Your reply even made me look it up - i'm now actually considering buying one, and your reply could very well help OP.:

Being a ex RAF mechanical engineer I have a wide range of experience and interests, making and fixing things (bloody women :eek:) being near the top of the list.

It really is a good bit of kit. They have them in a few times a year and I have had mine for about three months now so they should be in again soon. See that top nozzle in between the wide water suction head and the leftmost flathead in the picture above, that's a multi fit adaptor to fit a wide range of power tools and attachments although I haven't needed to use it yet as the ends of the dust extraction hose are pretty spot on for every tool I have used so far.

I use my corded vacuum, bought a rubber adaptor which fits into the extension tubing and can fit any power tools. Works a treat. Only £10.

tho I have not seen dust extraction on SDS before. I have seen Hilti and Bosch SDS drill no dust thing which is basically a plastic tube that fits around the drill bit as it goes into the wall, the dust is collected into the tube rather than allow to be dispersed in the air

Reading his post again I don't think he actually wants a hoover but wants a attachment for his SDS drill. I think he will be out of luck because as Roadrunner (meep meep :D:p:D) says, I have only seen a couple of drills with dust extraction attachments and they tend to be a collar that fits near the handle mounting point. I have a ancient Skill drill from Argos that has one and it doesnt work that well. Better would be to have someone hold a hoover attachment under the drill while drilling. I wouldn't use a normal hoover though as the dust will clog the filters. This is why I went for a wet/dry vacuum that is designed to be used for power tool dust extraction. I just did a search for his SDS drill (£564!! :eek:) and this thread was third in the list. :D:D:D

Hilti bad boy
https://www.hilti.co.uk/c/CLS_POWER..._SUB_7124/CLS_DUST_REMOVAL_SYSTEMS_7124/r4128

Bosch one
https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/dust-extraction/bosch-cordless-hepa-dust-collector/31790/

MakitA one
https://www.raygrahams.com/products...B6lpve76fOFqWbakC__v6VRIjPH2k4ssaAt8CEALw_wcB

DIY one
il_570xN.1763271448_9m8f.jpg

Masking tape and an envelope. :D

QuOvzub.jpg

Perhaps, consider duck tape and a manila envelope for a substitute for the Hilti :D

*Those things are huuuge - and i wish our builders had used them!
Epic, but try to move that one around one hole after another is gonna be pain.

Back
Top Bottom