Malaysia, Indonesia or Fiji

Soldato
Right, on the back of my Bora Bora thread a few days ago, it's sunk in that even if I can save enough money to go for 3 weeks, the sheer cost of flights will mean it'll be a stingy holiday which I don't want.

My girlfriend and I have had a good chat and decided that we either want to go to Malaysia, Indonesia or Fiji. Would like to hear from folks here who've been to any of these and your thoughts, both good on bad on these places.

We have a window from April to July next year and can go for 3 weeks. Our budget is around £3k but we can double that. We intend on spending the final week in a topend hotel and just chilling by a beautiful beach somewhere. We're happy to go budget accomodation for the first 2 weeks.

Initial thoughts are for Malaysia, all i've heard from people who've visited say it's got the beauty of thai beaches and islands but even better. I loved Thailand so this has caught my attention straight away. Indonesia seems to have a lot more culture than Malaysia in terms of temples and such to visit and to be honest, I don't know a great deal about Fiji, it just looks like heaven, but it's such a variety of islands I wouldn't know which part to go.

Flights wise it's about £450'ish each return for Indonesia, £600'ish each return for Malaysia and £1200'ish each return for Fiji, so this needs to be taken into consideration for the overall cost.

I've spent a lot of time around the lonely planet and trip advisor forums but each section is heavily biased to each country so just wanted to get a general feel from you folks here about where to go.

If anyone can recommend anywhere else, ideally a small tropical island similar to Maldives, Tahiti, Rarotonga, Phi Phi with warm seas and loads of coral reefs, would be open to suggestions as well.

Soldato
OP
Fiji is beautiful, words can't describe some of the islands. You are right there are hundreds to choose from. What you want to do is get a package tour which includes boats/accomodation & food on the islands. Or what I done was got a boat pass a chose my Islands myself. http://www.awesomefiji.com/

Those tours on that site are dirt cheap for what's included, definately considering Fiji again now, damn i'm so indecisive :D

Soldato
OP
ARGH...just looking at Fiji flights, found them for around £1200 per person, but was curious and I can fly to tahiti for £1120 each...soooo tempted!

Back
Top Bottom