Man Utd vs Wigan - Monday 6th March

Man of Honour
well that ws pure look, we were outfought, outplayed and outclassed.

Roberts and Camara absoloutely tortured out back 4, both rooney and saha were well below par giggs, o shea and park did little to nothing of note.

happy with the result

awful performance.

Soldato
Well how gutted Chimbonda must have felt, feel sorry for him. I did cheer when the goal went in but two seconds later it kind of hit me what a bad way to lose a game like that and the way Wigan played they deserved more from that game.

Soldato
Nedved11 said:
Well how gutted Chimbonda must have felt, feel sorry for him. I did cheer when the goal went in but two seconds later it kind of hit me what a bad way to lose a game like that and the way Wigan played they deserved more from that game.
Exactly the same here.

Soldato
fozzybear said:
I don't feel sorry for him one bit. It was poetic justice after he earlier elbowed Giggsy in the mouth!

I don't think it was intentional though to be fair. Giggs was all over the back of Chimbonda and as he tried to shrug free he caught Giggs with a sweet elbow to the mouth. Looks like it hurt as well, in the slow motion replay you could see his whole face wobble.

I feel sorry for Chimbonda, he's a fans favourite and had been playing well all game. He couldn't really do anything about it and it was hurtful to watch how upset he was at the final whistle. I think he even shed a tear or two.

Man of Honour
fozzybear said:
I don't feel sorry for him one bit. It was poetic justice after he earlier elbowed Giggsy in the mouth!
I agree with Lead Head. There's no way that was intentional, Giggs was climbing on his back, Chimbonda tried shrugging him off twice and it didn't work so he got a little more aggressive, Giggs took one in the face and tried kicking Chimbonda and missed.

TinnionA said:
I know exactly how Chelsea fans feel every week now.
Eh?

Man of Honour
Gilly said:

Think he was referring to the fact that most weeks chelsea play absoloutley turd but still manage to get the result (which i think you already knew :p)

A wins a win though at the end of the day, doesnt matter how you got it :/

Associate
I thought that, but Chelsea dominate everyone they play in the PL, so I didn't think anyone would be daft enough to say such a thing

chelsea dominate every team they play? :D

I don't know how anyone could be daft enough to say such a thing ;)

Soldato
Thought it was a good game to be honest. Can't say UTD deserved the win but hey thats football I guess. The ref was petty imho. Prob classed as a Derby. Nothing dirty apart from De Zeuw's challenge on Ronaldo. Other than that there was no deliberate fouling or time wasting. Played in the right spirit.

Shame the ref didnt see it like that with his readiness to book anyone who dared look at him the wrong way

Soldato
Muhahaha! :D

Went the game last night but was in the box (guests of NIke / The FA Premier League ;)) so was sat in the Wigan section for the game, the Wigan fans didn't like the majority of the coporate section cheering for United :D

Brilliant result considering such a poor poor proformance we put out. Ronaldo bagged me some cash aswell being the last scorer bless him, good night all round :)

I want Wigan to do well I really do, but I enjoyed seeing their faces last night after the final whistle :cool: *

* P.S - Purely because of the comments you get from all the Wigan bandwaggon jumpers for supporting United.

Last edited:
Caporegime
BaZ87 said:
Just a thourght, but i wonder if Sir Alex keeps the stud rights to RVN if he does sell him?
Come to think of it Utd could open up stables, they got there show poney "ronaldo" as well.

He might be a show poney, but he's been the best player in the last 5 weeks in the Premiership, possibly beyond the premiership. He can't stop scoring.

8 goals in the last 4 weeks.

Caporegime
IceBus said:
We needed the points to keep any hopes of keeping the season interesting alive. Wigan outplayed us all over the park and our back four looked awful tonight with the exception of Wes Brown. Rio looked like he was on crack and Saha was useless.

Bringing Park off was madness and playing three up top is really stupid. I'll post something more later lol.

Whilst I agree about the backline, I believe bringing Park off was the right decision, he was clearly tired and ran his heart out until he was brought off. We needed to change the system and it worked.

Soldato
BaZ87 said:
Just a thourght, but i wonder if Sir Alex keeps the stud rights to RVN if he does sell him?
Come to think of it Utd could open up stables, they got there show poney "ronaldo" as well.

What's this, a Liverpool fan talking about show ponys!! lol Did you forget about Kewell? Fowler would even fall into this, he's only at Liverpool for show anyway. We all know where his blue heart really lies.... :p

Permabanned
TripleT said:
Muhahaha! :D

Went the game last night but was in the box (guests of NIke / The FA Premier League ;)) so was sat in the Wigan section for the game, the Wigan fans didn't like the majority of the coporate section cheering for United :D

Brilliant result considering such a poor poor proformance we put out. Ronaldo bagged me some cash aswell being the last scorer bless him, good night all round :)

I want Wigan to do well I really do, but I enjoyed seeing their faces last night after the final whistle :cool: *

* P.S - Purely because of the comments you get from all the Wigan bandwaggon jumpers for supporting United.

Warriors Fan?

Back
Top Bottom