Managing Photos

Permabanned
Is there an easy way to manage my photos on my iPhone or in iCloud via a browser on a PC.

I want to create some folders and select multiple items and move photos to the albums/folders.

It just seems some cumbersome doing it directly on my phone.

Permabanned
OP
I'm in iCloud now.

I have a folder with images in.

I have created another folder but when I move pictures from the old one to the new one they still appear in both. I don't want that.

Commissario
Real helpful
It's a web interface to Photos, it does exactly what he's asked for.

I have created another folder but when I move pictures from the old one to the new one they still appear in both. I don't want that.
Think of albums as tags, when you add a photo to an album, it just adds an extra tag for the additional album. If you want to remove it from the first album, you have to select it and remove it. There's no actual move option as far as I'm aware.

All photos will always show in the main Library.

Associate

Like Feek said it's more like tagging than actual folders, but it's great once you're used to it. Some photos belong in multiple groups and this way you don't have to keep multiple copies, only a link/tag to the original.
Also you can remove the photo from the old album without deleting it if you prefer

Soldato
Like Feek said it's more like tagging than actual folders, but it's great once you're used to it. Some photos belong in multiple groups and this way you don't have to keep multiple copies, only a link/tag to the original.
Also you can remove the photo from the old album without deleting it if you prefer

A lot of people really seem to struggle with the concept of metadata. Some people expect a photo to be either in a folder or not.

Associate
A lot of people really seem to struggle with the concept of metadata. Some people expect a photo to be either in a folder or not.

First thing i tried doing on my iPhone was sorting photos in folders like i could on Android. It seemed backwards, but much prefer this way now

Soldato
First thing i tried doing on my iPhone was sorting photos in folders like i could on Android. It seemed backwards, but much prefer this way now

I tend to look at sorting photos into folders as the ‘old fashioned’ way of doing it, where you micro-managed your storage and where things were. I feel like with modern technology we should have moved past needing to do that.

Back
Top Bottom