Manchester Meet-Up

I'm well and truely stuck into Xantia jobs at the moment I'm afraid. The brakes are pulseing which is a common Xantia problem so I'm just about to bleed them. Hope to make the next meet when the Xantia should be in top condition. :(

good day today, excellent turnout in the short notice, i had a problem on the way home front brake left hand side overheated, smoke the lot. all the braking around the bends damned body roll doesn't inspire confidance.

thedazman

p.s will post pics later

Just got home now.

Absolutely awesome day. Had a brilliant laugh and joke with the guys, saw some lovely cars and did some great driving. The day wouldn't been complete without some problems though, and as always, I was the one to have them.

Set off this morning, got to the roundabout leading to the motorway and the car cut out (faulty coolant temp sensor). Got it going again and headed off to the service station. Got there just as thedazman had pulled up. Paradigm and a couple of others were already there but nowhere to be seen.

Firestar, Paul S and a couple of others turned up and we had a chat while waiting for the others. I went to start my car to show them the loose alternator belt, and what's this... it's dead! Luckily, I brought another battery with me, but it took me a while to get them swapped over by which time loads more people had turned up. Including some nice screeching of tyres from yours truly, Gilly :p

We had a chat for about 30 minutes while we looked at all the cars and took a few pics and then set off... that's when my car decided the coolant temp sensor would play silly buggers again. Gilly couldn't stop laughing, and his face when I finally got it going was priceless.

Got loads of pics and videos to post up later, and I'm sure someone will fill you in about the rest of the day.

All in all, today was great. Brilliant turnout for something that was organised in a week. Hope to do it again sometime :)

Great stuff. Today I've bled the brakes on my car and inspected the cause of the water which was seeping onto the floor. Turns out it's the aircon functioning properly accoding to the experts so no worries there. Just about to start cleaning the exterior properly. Haven't had chance to look at the perished rubber on the crankshaft pulley but it appears that that bit is part of the auxillary drive belt system not the timing belt system so shouldn't be as bad to sort out. Interior has been vacuammed and cleaned. Just needs the seats cleaning now. Brakes are still pulsing a bit despite the bleeding of the brakes but I'm going to fit a new set of suspension spheres anyway so it will be re-bled then. Also going to change the pads and disks and will change oil/filters in the next 2000 miles. My new interior mats are in (cost a fortune from Scalfords) and if I get chance I will also start polishing tonight. Got lots of stone chips on the bonnet to touch up but have been unable to source a touch up kit in the correct colour as yet.

At the services:

meeting1.jpg

meeting2.jpg

meeting3.jpg

meeting4.jpg

Following on from agw's story. We set off out of the services, onto the M62, little did we know that the police HQ for the motorway was behind the services, and as 6 or so french hatchbacks lit up wheels, their faces must have been priceless, whilst ours not quite so cheery!

Onto the M62 we head, a big long snake of blue french metal in and out of the traffic, must have looked a little odd to passers-by! We make it the next few junctions down, where agw decides he is going to almost miss the junction, end up at the front of the pack, and not know where he was going! Up the slip road we went, and whats this; agw's car going slowly up the hardshoulder! A fair few of us thought it had broken, but alas, he was just waiting for us to catch up as he was lost, bless!

Off onto the 3 or so mile stretch of lovely open country road down to the pub, the looks of the old couple in a beige/silver clio were priceless as we all shot past on a corner
eek.gif
Only for us to arrive at the pub a few mins later. Coco at this time decided that he would overtake gilly, as gilly slowed down to enter the pub carpark! And wouldnt return for 5-10 mins! Just after this, the old dears turn up a further 5 mins or so! They they refused to get out of the car, and sat there in wonder!

We have lunch...

Sorry to repeat what others have said, however was a great day all the people who came were great and we all had a good laugh. AGW troubles with his car and his junction turn off were comical, and for some reason coco never wanted to stop. :D

All in all was a good first meet for me looking forward to more pics and vids, and hopefully another meet soon.

Cheers for a good day guys. :)

Totally fantastic day guys, had a right good old time, the look on those old dears faces was priceless we all shot past at shall we say a fair pace ;) couldn't belive they then pulled into the pub carpark only for them both to remain seated in the car for a good 10mins contemplating the event.....

The roads were amazing totally amazing sweeping bends, blind corners, long straights, hairpins some real seat of the pants driving action!

Funny moment occoured when Daz aproching a junction at well god knows what speed locked all his wheels and promptly slid right across the road towards a big drop, brown pants moment 4 sure!

I will post pics in a tick, not sure how good the video has turned out since i need to edit etc but my camera mount needs some modifications for the next meet.

Nice one guys, top event, great turnout, the day rocked basically :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom