Manchester Meet-Up

Great pictures guys, just about to post a couple of pics myself. Only got one of my car at the services, as I left it outside the 2nd meeting place and hitched a lift with cymatty due to the problems I was having. So, that's why it's not there in the shots posted.

However, glad to see I made it into at least one of the pics.

That junction where Daz locked up... that was really bad. It was basically just over a little brow and came out of nowhere. Even I had the misfortune of locking up, much to the dismay of a passing Land Rover.

I've got a pretty good video of the 'traffic light' grandprix where we all set off tyres screeching. I, like always, took things too far and left Paul behind me sat in a cloud of smoke... quite impressive actually.

Regarding the motorway turnoff and me crawling up the hard shoulder, I wondered why everyone had moved over into the left hand lane and proceeded to storm past them. When I realised the junction was coming up, I had to move over in front of Si and then noticed him indicating to turn off. I moved over onto the hard shoulder and waited for a gap (also got a couple of honks from Gillys horn as he passed - thanks :p). Cheers to Mark for letting me out :)

Oh, the snaking on the motorway was so cool to watch. All these little blue blobs darting around. The best bit of the meet was at the service station when we all set off. It went from a bit of laughing and talking to the roar of 10 cars firing up and revving... well, 10 when mine decided it would get going.

Alternator belt is now tensioned again. My dad had a bit of a play tonight, and he just moved the tensioner bracket on the underside of the alternator. Just think, if he had been able to do it sooner, I would have been able to join in the fun on the way to the 2nd meeting place.

Last edited:
It was nice to meet you all :)

Shame I couldn't hang around for the driving afterwards, but there is always next time.

I only took a couple of photos at the services - will upload them in a while.

Right... now to post a "what should I buy with the money fom the SX?" thread :D

Here are my shots from the top:

thetop1.jpg

thetop2.jpg

thetop3.jpg

And the "mobile roadblocks, and slaloms we had to contend with!"

roadblock1.jpg

:eek: I didn't realise I was that small. Quite a good pic though, the group one. Glad I don't look like too much of a ****!

I love it how you can see the outline of my chest :D :cool:

Some awesome pics have been posted, and the cars look really good. Mark, nice one on getting the shots of Gilly driving off. And Barry Smalley, yep, the 205 was absolutely awesome! Very very nice car!

Braeden, didn't get much of a chance to talk to you, but the car looked really nice. Shame it's no longer yours.

Anyway, I'm just going out to see the girlfriend, so will edit and post the video when I get back. :)

edit... Oh, I got some footage of that crazy cow lady yelling at the jag :p

Last edited:
Looks like you had fun. The pictures of the country road is my own private rally track as its only 3 miles from my house :D (Really don't want to think about how much fuel I've used bombing up and down it the last 12 months :o) Feel really gutted I was working this morning after seeing the pics :(

Back
Top Bottom