Manchester Museum (this can't be real, can it?)..

Gentlemen, I regret to inform you that this is, regrettably, very real.

:edit: the comments on the tweet are reassuring, although the focus on the nuclear family being mentioned shows an unfortunate misunderstanding. The term is not with reference to the post war nuclear weapons/power era, but the origin of the word describing a family that is oriented/focused round a central core.

Last edited:
It is interesting that 80% of the things on display are male. It didn't need all that other noise around it though.

Whatever nonsense she's on about I did actually learn today that there are intersex butterflies that are left-right split which I didn't know yesterday.

I'm not an expert but I would assume most of the examples are male because the females are the ones who have offspring and so it helps not to wipe out a species.

We, the men, are more disposable in nature.

Last edited:
Running out of things to moan about.

"Most of the insect samples are male". Yea because well, most insects are male.

I don't disagree with what it's saying tbh. Yes we did collect primarily male specimens for museums for the exact reason it says, they were display pieces after all.

Where I take issue is the way it words it's sentences, yes they were mainly straight white blokes, because the women were raising kids and housekeeping. That's just the way things were back then, nothing wrong with that.

And as someone who deals with these people every single day of my working life, it is 100% serious. That would blend right in at my place of work, nobody would question a thing. Most of the staff have pride lanyards and their pronouns on a little pin, wearing what I like to call "charity shop chic".

Generally nice people, but you do get the odd one now and then.

I actually greeted one of them a lift the other day and it scorned, turned around and faced the lift wall for the duration of the ride. Who knew that "good morning" could make someone so disgusted in me :cry:

Back
Top Bottom