Manor Lords

Man of Honour
For all you village builders and fans of Foundation/Farthest Frontier etc, the Manor Lords demo becomes available tonight, featuring character made roads (a la Foundation) and a quite unique building plot system

Man of Honour
OP
Excellent title music. Considering the game is the product of just 1 person, its damned good. Seeing a lot of really good games lately that are made by just 1 or 2 people

Man of Honour
OP
What a fantastic game this is going to be. Had a bit of time on it tonight, also watched a few streaming it, how one person has made this is beyond me. It looks stunning, the music is different gravy, it plays fantastically, basically overall it's just miles and miles better than what gets churned up by the big studios these days. You can see this has been a real love affair for the one guy making it.
I agree with this, the demo is very limited of course, really only seeing a small amount of the games mechanics and features but this title is shaping up to be something pretty special in the genre.

Man of Honour
OP
Hopefully going to be able to jump on this evening!

As @Bickaxe said, my first impression from reading the store page was a Banished but with more organic building and more to do!

Is the demo only playable till the 10th? Any rumours of a release date yet?
Yeah demo is only playable until the 10th, there is a lot not included in the demo though, the entire combat and armies system, the conquering/acquiring other territories, "enemy" kingdoms, raiding parties, bandits, diplomacy, the skill trees, various buildings etc, are all not included in the demo. On top of that this is a demo which was originally a press preview from a year ago (I saw it back then on Cohh's channel) , so theres a lot not in the demo. How much of that is already done and just not being shown in the demo, who can say, but theres no confirmed release date yet. My bet is 2023 though.

Man of Honour
OP
Just under 3 weeks before this is released. Really looking forward to this. The demo was thoroughly enjoyable. I don't like that games are released as early access games but for this one I think I'll have to buy it.

There's some new footage in this video showing a bit more what the battles look like.

Yup I enjoyed the demo of this as well, plus...added bonus...its on gamepass :)

Man of Honour
OP
An important dev post so that anyone interested in the game understands what sort of game it is...

What this game is not.

-Manor Lords is not a Total War competitor. It's a citybuilder with battles. Yes, battles are there, but not as huge or as frequent as some of you might expect. The majority of gameplay is focused on citybuilding and management.

-It's not a Empire Management style Grand Strategy game either. The map has regions, but you won't be able to conquer the whole Europe, nor have marriages or anything like that. The game is designed to play at a much smaller scale.

-It's not an RPG either. If you played KCD or Mount&Blade, ML is a different type of game. There is a visit mode in Manor Lords which allows you to walk around your town, but it's an experimental, cosmetic bonus feature, the game is really meant to be played from the "bird's eye" perspective, like a strategy game (almost always) should. There won't be any first person gameplay.

-It's not a competitive, fast paced RTS like Age of Empires or Starcraft. A lot of the game mechanics focus on aesthetics of your town and resources take some time to be transported around the map. This results mostly in a more of a relaxed experience, with high intensity moments spicing up atmospheric citybuilding rather than the game being at high intensity all the time.

Back
Top Bottom