Mario Kart Tour Mobile

Caporegime
I'd be surprised if this wasnt watered down heavily.

Its not like Nintendo to put a first party game out there on non-Nintendo hardware. Super Mario Run being the prime example of a heavily watered down experience.

Apparently its full of micro transactions :(

Permabanned
OP
I'd be surprised if this wasnt watered down heavily.

Its not like Nintendo to put a first party game out there on non-Nintendo hardware. Super Mario Run being the prime example of a heavily watered down experience.

Apparently its full of micro transactions :(

Is it! Apple need to do something with limiting the amount of micro transactions on games like this. I wounder if Nintendo will put their games in Apple Arcade.

Caporegime
Is it! Apple need to do something with limiting the amount of micro transactions on games like this. I wounder if Nintendo will put their games in Apple Arcade.

Games are heading in the wrong direction. DLC should be free, no micro transactions or loot boxes you need to pay to open.

One off yearly fee for a game IMO should be enough. For that you should get everything. For example you pay £50 a year to play destiny and you get everything including all new content included. If your subscription ends then you lose access to the game.

Or you have single player games where it's £50 for the game and you don't get anything else but you get to keep the game forever.

Apex Legends for example. Free to play. Loot boxes are expensive £100+ to unlock cosmetics. Then they have Battle pass every 2-3 months for £10 a pop. Then a special even which costs £80 to unlock all the exclusive skins. So in 1 year it would cost you £250 to play the game and have everything yet it was free to play. I'd rather pay £50 a year and just get everything.

Soldato
Pair a bluetooth controller with it? iOS 13 now accepts controllers. ;) I'm playing it now!
oof - these controls! :D
How did you get the controller working?
I’ve paired a PS4 controller through the BT menu on my iPad but the controller does nothing in the game. There are also no options in the settings to enable controllers.

Suspended
The basic controls are passable, but unintuitive and annoying, anything extra like manual drifting or tilt to steer just doesn't work, well it works but tilting the phone in portrait mode just feels wrong, manual drifting means you lose basic steering in favour of hopping and drifting, it's awful.

If you want to play Mario Kart, stick to the Switch because this is trash.

Back
Top Bottom