Mark on sensor

Associate
Looks like I have a mark on the sensor of my Sony a6400 but I can't see it with the naked eye only on certain pics.

You can just see it here

1.jpg

You can see it more on lighter images (zoom in on this pic)

JIM5286.jpg

or

Tried cleaning the sensor but it's not gone away.

Righty update on this :rolleyes: I have to say my eyes are perfectly fine and your eyes are perfectly fine.

I had some time last night to check these pictures again so I put some on a USB stick and put them on the TV guess what they were clear. So I went back upstairs turned monitor on guess what same mark same place on pictures. I looked closely at my monitor and couldn't see anything wrong with it the background picture I use is dark and it looked fine. I then decided to change the picture and thought WTF!!! there is a line on the actual monitor it looks like a scratch but it's definitely dead pixels but I can only see it with a lighter background picture hence me seeing it all over the pictures I took.

Looks like I need a new monitor it's an old Samsung S23A350H, might as well just get a cheap one I only using it for browsing.

For future reference, the best way to check your sensor is to take a photo of at neutral wall or blue sky at ISO 100, f22 and manually focused to infinity. You're looking for dots or obvious marks on your sensor. Don't worry about it being long exposure or blurry (that actually helps).

If your sensor is dirty, post here and people can give you cleaning recommendations if you're feeling brave.

Back
Top Bottom