Marvel Powers United returns to PCVR. Modded by an independent team.

Interesting! Always amazes me how great these old Oculus games look on modern headsets. Ok the gameplay is simplistic, but all the Oculus produced PC games look really great when played on a Q3 or Pro. The old CV1 hardware didn't do them justice.

Interesting! Always amazes me how great these old Oculus games look on modern headsets. Ok the gameplay is simplistic, but all the Oculus produced PC games look really great when played on a Q3 or Pro. The old CV1 hardware didn't do them justice.

I think it was the GPUs that didn't do the early games justice. With 2.5 SS these games still look great on a CV1

its fantastic to see team of people coming togeather and restoring these games.
its one of my "fear" with online games / online requirements. if vender pulls plug or goes under, your stuck with something no longer working
its one thing that puts me off buying the lone echo games :/ i can see them stop working with out any support or fixs, and there one of the main reasons i wantred to get in to VR

its one of my "fear" with online games / online requirements. if vender pulls plug or goes under, your stuck with something no longer working
its one thing that puts me off buying the lone echo games :/ i can see them stop working with out any support or fixs, and there one of the main reasons i wantred to get in to VR

Obviously this doesn't apply to online games, but I've got a backup drive with all my current games on that's not connected to the internet. So if meta decide to pull them from the store I'll still be able to play them.

I think it was the GPUs that didn't do the early games justice. With 2.5 SS these games still look great on a CV1

Sure, but the added resolution and clarity of modern headsets allows you to see detail at a much further distance and read text too. For instance in the adventure game Wilson's Heart there are interactive comic books. On the CV1 you had to bring them right up to your face to read them. On my Quest Pro they're readable at normal reading distance. Also games like Robo Recall and Lone Echo look astounding as far away details are way sharper.

Games preservation is one of my biggest concerns. I've been involved with gaming since the 1980's and I can play still play games from the dawn of games, but it's ironic that some very recent games are unplayable due to the servers going down.

Back
Top Bottom